what size are my wheels?

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
hi, to all. this is my first post, hope someone can help. i have just bought a 1999 bailey senator montana twin axle. the van has been sited for five years. i am collecting the van in two weeks but i dont trust the tyres as it has been standing to long. i want to buy four new alloy wheels with new tyres. but dont have the wheel size- 13" or 14" P. D. C. stud size 4 stud or five. have contacted baileys but they are on holiday!! any advice would be much appreciated. cheers.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
At that age, all Baileys were on 13" 4-stud wheels - the change to 14" 5-stud didn't occur until the 2002 model year, at earliest, as 2001's were still on 13" 4-stud.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi zoot and welcome to the forum.

I cannot help with you specific question........... however you post leaves me wondering if you have underestimated the task in hand.
You are intending to tow, presumably on public roads, a caravan that has been sited for five years and is 13 years old.
You are right the tyres definitely need replacing but the braking system, hitch mechanism, wheel bearings and the lighting system will all need to be checked out and most likely serviced.
Remember a vehicle has to be roadworthy otherwise any insurance is invalidated.

I would get a mobile caravan engineer to fit the new tyres (and wheels if that is your priority) ..... at the same time he could check the other road safety items.
I would be very surprised if he did not find other components that needed replacement or servicing.

If you have all this in hand.......then we are thinking alike
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts