What to go for

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Can anyone advice me on the best and cheapest insurance company to go for?
I have had quotes of 220/270/117/120.
I have a Coachman Pastiche single axle, factory fitted alarm, Alko wheel clamp and hitch lock.
the model is 2010 and value is about £10,000.
It is all so confusing, what should I go for for contents, Awning, personal items?
Never insured one before.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I tend to go for either of the two main clubs insurances, new for old. Looked at other compqnies and they dont quite come up to the coverage.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
With Hutch there, we just go between the clubs depending on who's most competitively priced each year. Really good cover and from what I hear both pretty good if you do have to claim.

Mayday breakdown cover from CC very good.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The cheapest policy isn't always the best, check for terms and conditions on storage, security and what happens if you have to make a claim.
I'm insured with the C&CC, they are neither the cheapest or the most expensive but when our new caravan was written off a few years ago the C&CC paid up with no problems whatsoever. Highly recommended ;)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Having been involved in insurance all my working life I can say the cheapest is unlikely ever to be the best. There will be the odd bargain out there but unless you are in the industry you will not be able to identify it. I would avoid all polices that are seriously low. You will also see some boast a DEFACTO five star rating. Essentially this means that the wording is very good, and any that do not advertise it, probably do not have it,and are substandard so should be avoided.
The best policies are almost certainly those issued by the two clubs and have more cover than almost all the others, although this may be minor points in some cases. The CAMC is expensive but very good, the C&CC is about average for price and is a bargain to me.
Other companies worth looking at are RSA(Caravanguard), SAGA, NFU Mutual and LV amongst others.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From recent experience I suggest serious consideration of C&MC 5C's policy. As new for old up to 5 years it is probably more expensive than many but a recent claim resulting in write-off was handled well and quickly.
There seems to be a limited number of assessors used either by the insurers directly or through loss adjusters so for that part of the process it may not make much difference who you go with.
Protection of NCD again seems worth while if you have a claim.
Caravan insurance may seem expensive - mine costs me more than my house insurance - but then I don't expose my house to continental roads and traffic or car ferries twice a year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts