What & When to buy ? where to stay ? PLEASE xx

We are compleltely NEW to anything to do with Caravan holidays ....We would appreciate ANY advice on ( anything) & the following PLEASE !!.....

We have decided to buy the new Bailey Senator Carolina series 6 ( fixed 3 bunk) 08 model ....As our first ever caravan ...We saw this at Bawtry Caravans Doncaster ( last month ) .... We need the 'longer' bunks for my ( nearly 6 ft niece aged 13 to fit on) all the other models were too short in bunks ... .........We want to pay cash, we also would like a quality horning which we were advised to buy Isobella ??

Our query is ...should we hang on until the new range comes out ?? In order to get a better deal ?? Or do we buy now , to use for this season ? What should we expect to get 'thrown in' with the price ?? they did offer us £1,200 off the window price ! Is this just standard discount that they/ any dealer would reduce one by ??

We Honestly don't know what to do for the best ....We want the best deal , so joined this wonderful club for any advise that members would kindly offer from their own experiences !!

We were hoping to rent a seasonal pitch near/ in Skegness for the first season ...ANY rec would be more than aprreciated ( we have a 3 yr old ) & would be taking my 13 yr old Niece & my elderly VERY ABLE Mum & ( who likes a game of the old Bingo!!) so near to a bus route & the beach ??

ANY advice would be VERY much appreciated ...hope I have written this in the correct forum ...the moe I read I keep wandering IF we should go for a static ??

FIRST TIME NERVES creeping in !!!

MANY THANKS for taking the time to read this ....hope you can advise us xx

pog

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Hey hey,

I am new to all of this too - had my first weekend away last weekend. It was great!

I had absolutely no suprises and managed to headed off all the things I did not know before I went by doing these few things in preparation:

- Get the caravan mags - any/all.

- Look up the manufacturers handbook on the internet

and familiarise yourself with them. Its boring but

it paid off for me.

- This site is invauable - as you start to get questions

you can't answer either search the forum or post your

queries. There is also loads of tips and advice in past

articles.

- Make lists - safety, towing tips, procedure lists,

anything and everything. All can be found on the

internet, google is my lifesaver.

So good luck, sorry I have no idea about when to buy, so good luck with tha

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Patricia

welcome to the club ,

We've looked at the Carolina 6 and really like it.

Waiting for a new model might not get you much off as they'll be in demand. However an outgoing model the dealer will want to shift so you could get him to move more on the discount.

The same goes for all the bits and pieces you want , get him to do a deal for the complete package. But be prepared to walk away.

One final piece of advice , the Carolina is a big van , make sure you have the car to tow it , thats more important than anything , if you need to change the car as well you'll have to factor that in.

good luck and hope you get what you want and start enjoying as soon as you can

May 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Patricia

We are new to caravanning aswell and bought the senator carolina series 6. Picked it up four weeks ago, went away a week later for a week. It was fantastic, we are a family of five and it was perfect for us.

Regarding the price I simply said to the dealer that I only have one shot at buying my first van so want a deal. I got abit more than

Hi Patricia

We are new to caravanning aswell and bought the senator carolina series 6. Picked it up four weeks ago, went away a week later for a week. It was fantastic, we are a family of five and it was perfect for us.

Regarding the price I simply said to the dealer that I only have one shot at buying my first van so want a deal. I got abit more than

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts