What would you do?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So got back to our pitch last night and found this beside us

IMG_20210522_192141.jpg

The pitch was empty when we went out, do you think this is acceptable?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
No it's not acceptable.
I'd have told the owner so or if they weren't around I'd have been straight up to reception.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Move............NOW! 6m away or 2m down.

Is that your shadow with the camera Kev. If so, why are you wearing a dress. Think Ill give Woosiefest a swerver.

And that caravan isn't level either. 🤣

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If it is hired, the users may be clueless about etiquette. A word with reception to give them a gentle education in pitch rules?
Mel

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am not up on motorhomes, but is it odd to have a right hand drive yet have the habitation door on the off side.

Two reasons why they may have done this. Neither acceptable.

1. They wanted the door to face into the pitch.

2. The did not want to drive in and reverse out as that‘s further to gain traction if they have rain. And motorhomes tend to be poor on grass.

John

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think not knowing etiquette is no excuse, and its something we are seeing more and more. The motorhome lenders should explain all this, the campsite warden or owner should explain all this, and if they are new to it, why not show some brains and prepare properly before hand. In this case, the morothome is barely socially distanced. And as a fire break, its simply non-existant.

Leaving aside safety regulations and campsite rules, its also a case of sheer bad manners.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Sone Motorhomers seem to ignore site rules. We've had various, but then again we've met caravanners who ignored rules on purpose. Best ask site manager to sort it else it might cause trouble. Depends what they're like of course.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Where we store our caravan, I have motorhomes on both sides, and they have gradually moved closer to my van. So now I have about two feet on one side and just on three foot on the other, where as before with the caravans we all had about 4 foot between the vans, maybe these new folk cannot reverse their motorhomes.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think its safe to say that caravanners and motorhomers are for the most part different breeds. I dont mean that in a nasty way, but we do seem to have a totally different view on our hobby.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I am not up on motorhomes, but is it odd to have a right hand drive yet have the habitation door on the off side.

Two reasons why they may have done this. Neither acceptable.

1. They wanted the door to face into the pitch.

2. The did not want to drive in and reverse out as that‘s further to gain traction if they have rain. And motorhomes tend to be poor on grass.

John
John, think another reason was the hose that must have come with it and the electric cable were very short for some reason, it was connected to the tap at the back of the hedge and then fed UNDER the motorhome to the other side and both the hose and cable were very taught.
BUT if they had been even 5 metres away facing the other way the hose and cable would still have reached.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Seems to me Kev they must be absolute Novices.
As already advised, a quiet gentle word with them. No result see the site owners, failing that plenty of noise or fumes from your Barbie, then the infamous rain dance 😇

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I have read all the responses and thought it would be simpler to give you my reply in one post.

On the evening in question we were eating in the bar when they arrived, we now know the family of 2 adults and 3 kiddies were the ones in the motorhome, also coming into the bar a bit later but we had no idea at the time it was them.
so when we saw them parked so close I decided to wait for them to come back from the bar after there meal, they came back about 9.15pm with one of the little uns being carried as she(he) was fast asleep, no doubt tired from there journey.
Now this is where my heart ruled my head, I didnt (wrongly) have the heart to tell them and get them to move at that time of night and as we were leaving in the morning thought we would let it pass for the evening and have a word in the morning, have to say though we packed up and left before they surfaced.
Please dont be too harsh on me, as said my heart ruled!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Seems to me Kev they must be absolute Novices.
As already advised, a quiet gentle word with them. No result see the site owners, failing that plenty of noise or fumes from your Barbie, then the infamous rain dance 😇
Hi Dusty was typing my reply when you posted this but agree complete novices, but as others have said even the hire company should take some responsibility after all its there £50K (guess) motorhome that they would lose.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
I would hope reception would if you advised them of this HAD to have asked them to move as the separation distance is mandatory and could effect their licence to operate

Personally I would have left it until after breakfast and had a chat with them first, probably an innocent mistake.
I'm trying to think of all the non club sites I've been on that don't give pitching instructions, I'm drawing a blank.

Lovely sky mind

Reactions: JezzerB
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Im assuming thats Polmanter, and as so many of you seem to go there I thought I would take a look. To answer your question what would you do, Id find somewhere else. I have just had a look at their prices, £53 in July fully serviced. Thats very expensive. We will be paying £33 per night for the same thing of at least an equivalent quality, albeit there is no bar.

I can only assume its because of its location near St Ives. At that price I would expect my drinks to be included.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Im assuming thats Polmanter, and as so many of you seem to go there I thought I would take a look. To answer your question what would you do, Id find somewhere else. I have just had a look at their prices, £53 in July fully serviced. Thats very expensive. We will be paying £33 per night for the same thing of at least an equivalent quality, albeit there is no bar.

I can only assume its because of its location near St Ives. At that price I would expect my drinks to be included.
Supply and demand me reeackons, we paid £31.50 per night for two and the dog, most expensive part was £4.00 per night for the dog, so £27.50 without the dog. I will agree though Thingy £53.00 is massive.
Site was about 2/3rds full and they are fully booked for July and August so I'm told.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Had they got any craft beers in the Stable Bar Kevin?
They usually have at least one.
Parksy on Wednesday eve I had to have an Atlantic Pale Ale, not bad
And on the Saturday they put on Doom Bar for the weekend only.
And the bonus was Mags had her draught Guinness.

BUT we ate in there both nights and the food was absolutely delicious, we didn't book the first night and walked in to be told they were fully booked with 60 due in. Started to talk to the manager and said we only wanted to eat and didn't realise we had to book!! This was 5.30pm, he said we could have table until 7.00, that will do us we said.
Booked again for same time on the Saturday for our 39th wedding anniversary but had table then until 7.30pm, Parksy my tip is to book an early one as there were no more than a dozen people in at those times both nights. Go on treat yourself and Carole, not the cheapest but quality which I will pay for.

Reactions: Kevin M and Parksy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts