Whats the difference?

Apr 14, 2007
Visit site
In the specs of my proposed purchase, a Lunar Chateau 450 it gives the following:

MTPLM = 1300 kg

MRO = 1020kg

I googled the towing weight and it gave me `1030 kg running weight`.

Can some kind soul put this new boy right as to what I am looking for for the actual towing weight I need to calculate

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Keith,

MRO is the Mass in Running Order, or the weight as it is coming out of the factory.

MTPLM is the Maximum Technically Permissable Laden Mass, which is the van loaded with your equipment, and the maximum weight the van is designed to weigh when being towed.

Taking the lower figure from the higher figure, you have 280kg to didvide between your equipment you want in the van, gas bottles, food, clothes, Tv etc etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Keith,

What you have found are effectively the two extremes of the mass of the caravan;

MRO = Mass in Running Order, which is basically how the caravan leaves the factory. This figure is not very accurate hence the alternative figure you found on Goggle.

The more important figure in towing calculations is the

MTPLM = Maximum Technically Permitted Laden Mass. The total weight of the caravan and everything you put in it must not exceed this figure.

The difference between the MTPLM and the MRO, is the 'payload' or amount you have to play with for your stuff, but don't forget that this must also include the gas bottles, battery and pots and pans in fact everything you add to the caravan.

Apr 14, 2007
Visit site
Hello Keith,

What you have found are effectively the two extremes of the mass of the caravan;

MRO = Mass in Running Order, which is basically how the caravan leaves the factory. This figure is not very accurate hence the alternative figure you found on Goggle.

The more important figure in towing calculations is the

MTPLM = Maximum Technically Permitted Laden Mass. The total weight of the caravan and everything you put in it must not exceed this figure.

The difference between the MTPLM and the MRO, is the 'payload' or amount you have to play with for your stuff, but don't forget that this must also include the gas bottles, battery and pots and pans in fact everything you add to the caravan.
Thanks Damian and John L for that precise info.

Much obliged

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts