What's the wheel size on a swift challenger 560. 2020 model. Looking to buy a Alko wheel lock not sure what size to buy

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Wheel size of a swift Challenger 560. Looking at buying a Alko wheel lock but need to know, the wheel size please thank you.
It’s dependent on the alloy wheel design as well as the diameter. If you look on Alko website you will see various caravan makers wheel designs and against them are the details of the relevant lozenge that fits. Alternatively contact Swift Technical.

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Hi Jonah, if I were you, I would also look at Nemesis wheel locks - nemesis as these are much easier to fit and are transferrable between vehicles, if you swap your van in a few years, you may need to buy new inserts for the Alko as unlikely to fit. Insurance approved too.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Jonah, if I were you, I would also look at Nemesis wheel locks - nemesis as these are much easier to fit and are transferrable between vehicles, if you swap your van in a few years, you may need to buy new inserts for the Alko as unlikely to fit. Insurance approved too.
Apparently with some insurance companies no discount if it is not an ALKO lock. My wife fits and removes ours so cannot underestand why people think they are so difficult to fit?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Its not that they are difficult to fit per se, its the issue of having got your van level, then finding the lock doesnt line up. The other issue, the one I suffer from is manoeuvering room. it takes a surprising amount of wheel rotation to move from one segment to the next, and if you are on a slope too, jacking is a problem as you cannot use the handbrake or the jacked wheel wont rotate. Welcome to my world.

I use the Nemesis on my current caravan, but that blocks the CAMC Insurance discount, but when the new caravan arrives, I will have to try to find a way to make the AlKo work.

Wheel size of a swift Challenger 560. Looking at buying a Alko wheel lock but need to know, the wheel size please thank you.

The wheel size is irrelevant, as previously mentioned, you have to match the insert to the shape of your alloys. Each insert on the Alko website has a number. Its that number you need to find. You can also find it, but more painstakingly by using the name of the alloy fitted.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Its not that they are difficult to fit per se, its the issue of having got your van level, then finding the lock doesnt line up. The other issue, the one I suffer from is manoeuvering room. it takes a surprising amount of wheel rotation to move from one segment to the next, and if you are on a slope too, jacking is a problem as you cannot use the handbrake or the jacked wheel wont rotate. Welcome to my world.

I use the Nemesis on my current caravan, but that blocks the CAMC Insurance discount, but when the new caravan arrives, I will have to try to find a way to make the AlKo work.

The wheel size is irrelevant, as previously mentioned, you have to match the insert to the shape of your alloys. Each insert on the Alko website has a number. Its that number you need to find. You can also find it, but more painstakingly by using the name of the alloy fitted.
Is the ALKO standard and part of the package or an extra option? I am assuming that your new caravan is a single axle?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

I found the insurance requirements a bit to onerous to be worth the 10% saving. So I used mine when on the drive or in store. When on sites I used a wheel lock that was easier to fit. If I was doing it now my touring one would be Nemesis or Wraith. Like you moving on the drive to align wasn’t easy.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Before i collected it, i was told my new caravan had 14" wheels and therefore needed insert number 44. On closer inspection of the pictures, i could just make out that the tyres were 15"

Dealer insisted they were 14" wheels but i persuaded them to check anyway - and it did indeed have 15" wheels and therefore required insert 43

AL-KO website said it should have 14" wheels as well - so just as well i checked before i bought one!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Is the ALKO standard and part of the package or an extra option? I am assuming that your new caravan is a single axle?

The new caravan is single axle and the Alko comes as standard kit with it.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The Alko wheel lock seems to be causing some confusion, but there really are only two parts to it. The locking assembly consisting of a bolt that screws into a receiver and the locking barrel that fits after it. The second part is the insert or lozenge, which is matched to the pattern of your alloys. The correct number for your caravan will match the standard fit wheels that came with it.

I may have added to that confusion for the OP. Whilst there ARE different sizes for wheel size, if you get the correct number insert, the wheel size is irrelevant. I worded it badly.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Before i collected it, i was told my new caravan had 14" wheels and therefore needed insert number 44. On closer inspection of the pictures, i could just make out that the tyres were 15"

Dealer insisted they were 14" wheels but i persuaded them to check anyway - and it did indeed have 15" wheels and therefore required insert 43

AL-KO website said it should have 14" wheels as well - so just as well i checked before i bought one!
Glad you have got it sorted. What does the label next to your door say, or the Owners Manual revtyre sizes ? Anyway welcome to the world of caravans.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

It is not the size of the tyres that matters, it is the alloy rim that is the issue as they all have different configurations.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Glad you have got it sorted. What does the label next to your door say, or the Owners Manual revtyre sizes ? Anyway welcome to the world of caravans.

Label says 15" as well, presumably Swift decided to change the spec at some point

All's well that ends well!...plus, there are lots more used #43 inserts for sale than #44. Picked one up for £45

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Surley you would pass the Alko lock over with the caravan. The losenge is of no use to you. It goes with the caravan.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We use the Nemisis Ultra and get the same discount on our insurance as you would for the ALKO although my personal opinion is the ALKO is a bit more secure but not unbeatable. The ALKO does need lining up which could be a problem sometimes particularly in heavy rain but you have to decide if the bit extra security is worth the hassle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts