Whats your favourite site for Autumn.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Preferably with a pub within 15 minutes walk. I do prefer a fully serviced pitch as with inclement weather, dragging aqua rolls and waste water around, in not great fun.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Stroud Hill Park Pidley Huntington Cambridgeshire it on UK Campsite it got a bar and award winning Restaurant and fully service pitch . Toilet block /showers enjoy :cool:

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We use a CL south of Gloucester which has fully serviced pitches. Probably spend Christmas there this year instead of being at the hospital like last year.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Plas Farm Betws yn Rhos North Wales. (Not far from Abergele and Gwyrch Castle where I’m a celebrity was done. )
Big fully serviced hard standing pitches. Lovely heated toilet blocks. Friendly family owners. Pub and shop in Betws yn Rhos village, about 15 min walk away.
Open all year.
Mel

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Bron Derw Touring Caravan Park Llanrwst Conwy valley near Betws-y-Coed
Choice of three sites
Bron Derw Family
Parc Derwen Adults Only we have stopped on here
C/L Site for Caravan Club members and Family
16 amp hook ups

Reactions: Kevin M
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Our favourite site is Channel View,Brean.(in the paddock area).
Toilets,showers,potwash and thats it.
Oh......the view across 3 miles of beach whilst sat in our van😊
25 miles from us.
Perfect for a long weekend.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our favourite site is Channel View,Brean.(in the paddock area).
Toilets,showers,potwash and thats it.
Oh......the view across 3 miles of beach whilst sat in our van😊
25 miles from us.
Perfect for a long weekend.
Problem is that afterwards the caravan requires a good wash to get rid of salt. A nice site although we have never used it. Have used Warren Farm and Northam Farm.
BTW the ice cream at the National Trust cafe down the road is excellent!

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
We went to Bracelands a few years ago when we had the dogs.
A really nice site and there was a rally of old vintage cars at the bottom of the field.20130610_200421.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just had a look at this site it looks fantastic :)
We enjoyed it for the spacious site and the easy access to good walking trails. There’s the Forest Holidays visitor reception that does pretty good food, and two nice pubs nearby. My family have one of the large Forest lodges booked for next May. Really nice surrounding area for trips out.

We had paid for a seasonal commencing April 2020. And we know what happened to that initiative.👎

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We enjoyed it for the spacious site and the easy access to good walking trails. There’s the Forest Holidays visitor reception that does pretty good food, and two nice pubs nearby. My family have one of the large Forest lodges booked for next May. Really nice surrounding area for trips out.

We had paid for a seasonal commencing April 2020. And we know what happened to that initiative.👎
Hi Clive l hope your family have a fantastic time in the Large Forest Lodge next May :cool:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I really cannot understand why people are booking 6 months ahead for pitches or sites, unless you only have those times for children or Grand kids, I only think about a week ahead, for going away.
Or as BB says , each. !!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I really cannot understand why people are booking 6 months ahead for pitches or sites, unless you only have those times for children or Grand kids, I only think about a week ahead, for going away.
You don’t know how lucky you are; make the most of your spontaneity. Our disappeared in 2005.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It was actually better when I was working a 6 x 6 roster, every 12 weeks we would go to France for a month. Winters were mostly Montreuil Sur Mer. A great town . Lovey pitch near the river with some great French and Dutch friends. All on seasonal pitches. ( not us)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It was actually better when I was working a 6 x 6 roster, every 12 weeks we would go to France for a month. Winters were mostly Montreuil Sur Mer. A great town . Lovey pitch near the river with some great French and Dutch friends. All on seasonal pitches. ( not us)
Ditto, seemed to go awry when we bought a new Pageant and Disco for my third our retirement in 2005/6.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We had no choice other than to book our pitch in Cornwall for June 2022 when we were there last July.
There are 8 fully serviced grass pitches on our favourite site with sea views, good facilities, far enough away from the kiddy winks playground but close enough to the shower block and bar.
There are plenty of other pitches available on that particular site, but we prefer to book one of the aforementioned 8 FSPs.
Not unnaturally competition for these sought after pitches can be fierce, so we book on the first available booking date for the following year and some of the 8 are already booked when we get through.
The early bird and all that.....

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
Aug 24, 2021
Visit site

The opportunity for sponteneity largely dissappeard last year with all the staycationers.
Hopefully it will return when tey return to the Costas in large numbers, as is sure to happen !

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We had no choice other than to book our pitch in Cornwall for June 2022 when we were there last July.
There are 8 fully serviced grass pitches on our favourite site with sea views, good facilities, far enough away from the kiddy winks playground but close enough to the shower block and bar.
There are plenty of other pitches available on that particular site, but we prefer to book one of the aforementioned 8 FSPs.
Not unnaturally competition for these sought after pitches can be fierce, so we book on the first available booking date for the following year and some of the 8 are already booked when we get through.
The early bird and all that.....
Have a great time in Cornwall in June 2022

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts