Where are these caravans going??

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Just sat here having my lunch in an office car park overlooking the M5 at Almondsbury.

In the past hour,Ive seen 8 cars towing caravans heading south.

Where are they going?
Maybe they know something I don't.

Or.....their heading to their booked sites early, to be first in the queue for Monday morning when they open.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just sat here having my lunch in an office car park overlooking the M5 at Almondsbury.

In the past hour,Ive seen 8 cars towing caravans heading south.

Where are they going?
Maybe they know something I don't.

Or.....their heading to their booked sites early, to be first in the queue for Monday morning when they open.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Might think they are allowed to go into South Wales

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
long lunch??
Yes....only get hour and a halfπŸ˜…

Didnt think we could holiday in Wales yetπŸ€”

If they were going to Wales,they should have headed off at the junction and gone down to the Severn Bridge.
(Unless they come off at Avonmouth and go along the coast rd.)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
long lunch??

If they were going to Wales,they should have headed off at the junction and gone down to the Severn Bridge.

Well our son says we cannot visit them yet even for a get together in the garden. But they can travel now throughout Wales and shortly will be able to meet up with the β€œ outlaws” indoors. But only a designated household not half a dozen different households in sequence.
Signed
Confused of England

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
long lunch??

Where we going in June was talking to her last night and she said only wales customers were allowed in on Monday 12th April England are allowed

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have been on the starting blocks waiting to get into Wales to our seasonally pitched van. Trust me, you can’t travel from England into Wales until 12th April. The Welsh first minister has kept the English out with more success than Llewellyn and Owain Glyn Dwr.
mel

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Agreed Mel. The caravans and motorhomes I spoke to yesterday, 4in 3hours were either collecting from storage to take home to prep or taking for service or warranty work.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I can just imagine Welsh border control, guards, shaking, Leeks mixed with Daffodils and Wild Garlic. At the English. Do they still close the Pubs on a Sunday?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I can just imagine Welsh border control, guards, shaking, Leeks mixed with Daffodils and Wild Garlic. At the English. Do they still close the Pubs on a Sunday?
It’s like that normally. Never mind Covid. Only thing worse than the English in North Wales; is anyone from South Wales. I am guilty on both counts 😊
mel

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I drove a distance of 35 miles north on the M6 around 8am and same back home again about midday and I never saw a single caravan, maybe they all set off early but I wouldn’t expect them all to be early birds.

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You might have seen friends of ours in their new Β£60 k motorhome. They are mid 70s, never camped in their lives and because their cruise to Alaska and self drive Canada has been cancelled two years now decided a motorhome would help them go on holiday this year. So they were heading down the M5 to pick it up before heading for a site in Devon. I only found this out when I just rang for a chat. They were in their way to pick it up, having decided last week, via click and collect.

Unbelievable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts