Where's Clivev

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Where is Clive to. Ive missed his knowledge and expertise these past few days.

If your out there clive plese post some more we miss you!

Kevin H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi guys

Many thanks for the messages. Much appreciated.

Had an interesting week or so. A very good friend of mine had a car accident in Toronto and had to be discharged into someone's care for the flight back to the UK. His sister is about to give birth and his father to ill for the journey.

So I had a "day trip" to Canada to bring him back! In fact myself and another good friend flew out on Friday pm and flew back 0900 hrs Sunday morning. Two of us went because one of us could look after our friend whilst the other looked after the luggage, got the teas in etc.

I am so knackered now it is untrue. Today is the first day I do not feel woozy. From the moment we heard - it has been a juggling act trying to keep the "work" side going and organise the trip

I know we are not supposed to advertise but "Moddy" please make your own mind up if this needs to be deleted/modified in any way.

Our friend flew out BA and therefore had a return ticket. When we explained to BA last Tuesday what had happened they were not bothered at all and said that his ticket could not be transferred and that all three of us would have to pay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive,

What a story! Hope a letter is being sent to the MD of British Airways....we all know who to fly with in the future.

What puzzles me though.....was your friend not covered by his travel insurance to get assistance on the way home ?

Anyway,you were a real good friend to step into the breach......well done Clive.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Maureen

Yes you are correct - if his Travel Insurance was valid(!) they would have organised the transfer to the airport and onto to the UK.

BUT! - he had let his annual travel insurance lapse as it seems the reminder got lost in the post!

Still all's well that ends well!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi guys

Had an interesting week or so. A very good friend of mine had a car accident in Toronto and had to be discharged into someone's care for the flight back to the UK. His sister is about to give birth and his father to ill for the journey.

So I had a "day trip" to Canada to bring him back! In fact myself and another good friend flew out on Friday pm and flew back 0900 hrs Sunday morning. Two of us went because one of us could look after our friend whilst the other looked after the luggage, got the teas in etc.

I am so knackered now it is untrue. Today is the first day I do not feel woozy. From the moment we heard - it has been a juggling act trying to keep the "work" side going and organise the trip

I know we are not supposed to advertise but "Moddy" please make your own mind up if this needs to be deleted/modified in any way.

Our friend flew out BA and therefore had a return ticket. When we explained to BA last Tuesday what had happened they were not bothered at all and said that his ticket could not be transferred and that all three of us would have to pay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi guys

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts