Where's Tina

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Exactly where is Tina? Come back to the forum and lets have the old gang back together. Mr. Mod. if you could also e-mail Tina as you have here e-mail address and tell her she is missed by us all. Mr. Mod2 said yesterday that you would forward all postings requesting Lisa to return, so if you can please do the same to Tina.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
I have been on this Forum for about two years and there have been several episodes of people feeling upset at the way they have been 'spoken' to. I think us ladies find the attitudes of some very unnecessary. We should all be able to chat about the pros and cons of any subject, without fearing abuse. I think some expressions should be banned - the one I find particularly offensive is the 'get a life' comment. No one's opinions are necessarily better than anothers, they just might be different, and this is often how we learn. So let's keep a nice attitude, even if expressing a different opinion and enjoy the Forum for the learning and the banter that is good.

Chris

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
I second that. I, too, have been with this forum for a couple of years, althoiugh I have only occasionally contributed. Most people are really friendly and helpful, but there are some with the kind of opinions that make me ashamed to be British. However, that's not exclusive to this site - you get it on other forums and also on radio phone-ins. As soon as a topic starts, you can predicst which way it will go and what the bigots have to say.

But, as I say, most are friendly and helpful and give me a warm feeling!

Jo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Chrissylizzie,

I too find that particular phrase hurtful, not only is very demeaning it also implies that the speaker/writer who uses it considers themselves to be better than the person to whom it is directed.

For different reasons, I dislike the use of 'its common sense'. Sadly when that is used it often refers to an activity that clearly is not common sense, by virtue of the fact that it is not universally accepted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree Chrissie, but it's not always easy to convey what you mean in print that which is said verbally, if you see what I mean. You cannot put a wink or smile in a post.We need some emoticons to show feelings.Personally if I read something that can be taken two ways, I err on the side of friendship.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
I agree Chrissie, but it's not always easy to convey what you mean in print that which is said verbally, if you see what I mean. You cannot put a wink or smile in a post.We need some emoticons to show feelings.Personally if I read something that can be taken two ways, I err on the side of friendship.
I totally agree emmerson and sometimes when I have posted, I always read it again in the hope that I have expressed myself as intended, and it is very difficult when not being able to 'see' someone's face to always initially get the right impression, so I too, err on the side of caution.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson = I consider myself to be reasonably learned and have worked as lacturer for 25 years (now retired) but I have not come across the word "emoticons" before. I admire your use of the English langauage and I take my hat off to you, Now tell me what it means. I have a good idea through the gist of your posting but I would appreciate your confirmation of my thoughts.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, emoticons are little round faces wearing various expresions - a smile, a frown etc, used on other forums to denote the mood of the poster. I think the word come from "emotion icons",but that's just a guess.I'll ask the Mods if we can have them on here. It would save a lot of anguish at times.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, emoticons are little round faces wearing various expresions - a smile, a frown etc, used on other forums to denote the mood of the poster. I think the word come from "emotion icons",but that's just a guess.I'll ask the Mods if we can have them on here. It would save a lot of anguish at times.
A new word - no wonder I could not find it in my dictionary.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Thanks for the mention,I am still here, was very sad to read Lisa had gone but could understand why she was a bit fed up,.

I pop in and have a read now and again but dont post as often as there was a spell when everything was turned into child hater/dog hater/ 4x4 hater etc etc and it got a bit boring !!!

Glad to have me young mate Lisa back !!!

I promise I will try and post more !!

Lisa we'll stick together chick!!!! xxxxx

Tina x

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Thanks for the mention,I am still here, was very sad to read Lisa had gone but could understand why she was a bit fed up,.

I pop in and have a read now and again but dont post as often as there was a spell when everything was turned into child hater/dog hater/ 4x4 hater etc etc and it got a bit boring !!!

Glad to have me young mate Lisa back !!!

I promise I will try and post more !!

Lisa we'll stick together chick!!!! xxxxx

Tina x
Hi Tina

Great you're still here. Sorry for the delay in replying to your email, we have been away for a few days. I'm out tonight (hard life I know), so will email you tomorrow.

I expect to see you on here on a regular basis again now.

Lisa xxx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts