Which Club ?

May 12, 2019
Visit site
Just about to buy a Caravan and I wondered which is the best club to join, is it the Caravan Club, The Camping and Caravan Club, The Camping and Motorhome Club, or are they all part of one big club.
Thanks.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It all depends on where your going to be touring and your likes and dislikes, joining one of the clubs can give you cheaper caravan insurance, and breakdown recovery.

I have probably only used either of the clubs main sites maybe less than 10 times in 15 years, as the location of, most, of the sites do no suit us, but the selection of the smaller Cl / Cs sites (only up to 5 caravans at a time) do suit us better.
But we have also found that private sites, can be much better value for money and at times are better situated for our liking.
Have a look on https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/index.asp?mob=n for sites, around where you want to go, and see if it is worth joining a club.
We have been members of both clubs for over 15 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just about to buy a Caravan and I wondered which is the best club to join, is it the Caravan Club, The Camping and Caravan Club, The Camping and Motorhome Club, or are they all part of one big club.
Thanks.

I have been a member of both clubs and for the extra costs it really widens your choice of main sites and CL or CS sites. It might be an idea to join both for a year, then see how you feel about continuing. There are also good commercial sites, so its very much how your touring will develop.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
There are the two as the CC became the C&MC several years ago. I have been member of both (C&MC and C&CC) over many years which gives access to pitches and services from both and two ‘comics’ per month to keep updated with details and reviews of a number of units and leisure activities. You also get a variety of discounts from visitors attractions to outdoor shops. However worth shopping round for insurance as I have insured with an independent that you will find advertised in the back of PC magazine.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
.... It might be an idea to join both for a year, then see how you feel about continuing. There are also good commercial sites, so its very much how your touring will develop.

We did that when we started caravanning four years ago, we're still member of both as it gives more options. Also done well from the 10% discount in go outdoors.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts