Which pump/filter do I need? (old caravan)

Nov 8, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm fixing up my sisters old caravan as a temporary accommodation and so far I've managed to get tonnes of it working (amazingly!). It's an Abi Award Tristar and I am not sure of the year but I guesstimate it's early 90's. It has no water pump with it currently but I'm unsure which pump/filters to buy? Here's a picture if anyone can help. Apologies for the state of it. I've been concentrating on the inside of it for the time being!

All the best,

Tom

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You have the old style Crystal Mk 2 inlet system .which is now obsolete
This has been replaced by the Truma Ultraflow which will need the inlet housing replacing the old one and the Ultraflow pump which has a different connection to your old one.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That pump will fit.
I must admit I did not search the net for possible pumps.
Also at the moment the filter is available from Leisureshop Direct but what I would recommend is removing the filter part and just using the screw cap to provide the seal needed.
As long as your fitted unit does not have a crack in it, it should be OK, but many filter housings of that age do have cracks, in which case the inlet will need replacing.

Nov 8, 2018
Visit site
Brilliant, thanks for the information. It does currently just have the cap installed with no filter but was removed for the picture. I'll grab that pump and give it a whirl. Fingers crossed it works. Everything else seems to have been an easy fix so I'm just waiting for that soul destroying problem to rear it's head haha.

Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts