Which wheel clamp to keep ?

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Some months ago I posted that I had to call out a locksmith as the key in my Milenco wheel clamp just turned and turned.
I have now fitted a new lock and I am undecided whether to keep the Milenco or the new Purple Line Nemsis that I had to purchase.
Both are a heavy and a pain to fit, the Milenco having concrete in the legs. The nemesis is not just heavy but cumberson, having to almost lie on the ground to fit.
I am also now worried as to how easy it was for the locksmith to drill out the Milenco lock.
I would appreciate advice on which wheel clamp to keep. I could of course keep both for added security when the van is in storage

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Keep both, you cannot have too much security. I use two Titan locks, leg locks on the rear and an Alko hitch lock and the van is stored in a Silver site. On tour I use two steady locks, one Bulldog QD wheel lock and the Alko hitch lock.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Just remember the golden rule - if "they" want yours, nothing will stop them - so after insurance, the best deterrents are visual ones.
I have good insurance, keep the van at home, with an alarm, Alko hitchlock and Alko Secure wheel lock - the Bulldog Titan wheelclamp is only used at home as it's too heavy to tour with - but it is highly visible.

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I lost my keys to the ALKO secure wheel locks , I bought a universal 'key' from the Internet ( suggested by a caravan dealer) this unlocks them in seconds and makes a mockery of the whole thing.
All you can do is fit as many things as possible to delay them or make yours less attractive to someone else's , easy to say when you struggle to fit locks that you know can be removed fairly easily !!

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I first used Bulldog EM500s euroclamp but found they were only useful with locking wheel nuts but I've opted for the sas superclamp padlocked into my drive, I also have the bulldog hitch lock (not to say everytime the rag and bone man come they always seem to take a look) but I would keep the purple line nemesis just down to personal choice.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I use the Nemisis and while I accept it is a bit fiddly to fit I donot find it a major problem. I would agree that if you have two clamps you should use them, they buy time and two might just make a thief go for an easier target.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts