White House Beach Caravan Club Site

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi All
We are off to white house beach near lowestoft at the end of july. Never been to this site so any info from anyone who has been would be great.
Many thanks in advance

Dougie......

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The site is split in two by a small lane which I believe leads to an Haven site.
There is two rows of caravans which overlook the beach and the front row aren't allowed to erect awnings. This is where we pitched. The beach is shingle. I cannot comment on the main site because we only went to reception to collect our daily paper and when they came round with fish and chips. They were lovely but that was three years ago. I do recall posts some years ago about this site that if it rains heavy the lower pitches can flood and also it gets smelly from the nearby sewage works
smiley-surprised.gif

All was ok when we were there. Perhaps someone else can comment on that.
I was told you can reserve a pitch that overlooks the sea but we were lucky in getting the last one.
We have friends going there in two weeks so if I remember I'll let you know their thoughts.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We was there last Easter and we tried to get on the front pitch over looking the sea view, was told by the Warden first come and do not need to book, had a walk over to see how many pitch there was about 8 free space went back and said to him how come you won't let us on the front, he reply they are booked,??????
Hope you get better warden than the one we had last year they was a right pain in the backsize, one member went out for the day as they came back and found the elec hook up lead on the ground,
Reason for that was Warden was cutting the grass and they did"t put the elec hook up back Health Safety rule by the club they was"t the only one,
Hope you enjoy your hoilday and better weather on the way, Trevor123

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
There is also a Toby Carvery at Gorleston, The Captain Manby.
£5.50 each and excellent grub. See http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/ for offers. £10 for two at the moment.
We've been twice in Carlisle and we are going again soon to the one in Keighley and the following week at Chester. We do like our Toby's
smiley-laughing.gif

I'm so glad people like Trucker are paying their taxes ... heh! heh! heh! (Sorry Kev, couldn't resist)
smiley-laughing.gif

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi we went to this site two years ago, thought main site was nice, no sewage smells noticed, chip van great, pub next door food was rubbish, beer good, the part of site on beach looked more like a car park than a caravan site, & you are not close to the sea only the overgrown waste land @ the back of the pebbles, nice walk into Lowerstoft along the beach, or towards southwold, have a good trip?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts