Who are these people booking my pitches??🀬🀬🀬

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Been trying to book another week after Woosiefest week. So far no fully serviced pitches available anywhere in North Devon or West Somerset.😒😒😒.Will keep looking.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Been trying to book another week after Woosiefest week. So far no fully serviced pitches available anywhere in North Devon or West Somerset.😒😒😒.Will keep looking.
Strangely enough we are trying to do the same.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hutch, found a standard 16 amp pitch, not fully serviced £20 a night. Burrowhayes Porlock. We were going there last June but C 19 cancelled our FS pitch. By to filling the aquaroll very day😒 but hey ho, a holiday!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If a CMC meber have you tried looking in N Devon for a fully serviced pitch on a CL? There are a couple in N Devon. Link to the map is on the CMC website under Discussions CLs.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Buckman.
yes we did look at CAMC. In the end I’m going back native with 16 amp EHU and using the aquaroll and wastemaster If I can find it! The water tap is very close so I think one aquaroll combined with our on board tanks will be fine. We have become lazy over the years so perhaps it won’t harm us to get back to realityπŸ€ͺBurrowhayes Porlock.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Beachball , we were going to travel on or stay at Waterrow if space.

But Sister in Law, is not good, so heading home in case the worst senario. And will travel closer to where they live, just for moral support. Nothing to do with C19. Just good old Cancer.
So sites around Waterlooville for us, Chichester C&McC or a pub with a CL /CS. Going to see how many beers I can get out of Dusty Dog This week. But I owe him a few first, got to chose a New king for Next Year.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Beachball , we were going to travel on or stay at Waterrow if space.

But Sister in Law, is not good, so heading home in case the worst senario. And will travel closer to where they live, just for moral support. Nothing to do with C19. Just good old Cancer.
So sites around Waterlooville for us, Chichester C&McC or a pub with a CL /CS. Going to see how many beers I can get out of Dusty Dog This week. But I owe him a few first, got to chose a New king for Next Year.
i hope you have a great time ( if we meet up next time i like a Beck Lager)
i hope your Sister in law improves .
Take Care Keep Safe Everyone

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks BB! Low profile, otherwise it will upset locals by too many Grommits, and i understand that. We have stocked up on Frankfurters and cheese, Wurst Kase senario. Terminal though. πŸ˜“

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Thanks Buckman.
yes we did look at CAMC. In the end I’m going back native with 16 amp EHU and using the aquaroll and wastemaster If I can find it! The water tap is very close so I think one aquaroll combined with our on board tanks will be fine. We have become lazy over the years so perhaps it won’t harm us to get back to realityπŸ€ͺBurrowhayes Porlock.

If you're near enough to the water tap, could always do what a chap near us did....

Instead of carrying his aquaroll to the tap, he attached a hose to the tap and filled the aquaroll still in situ next to his caravan...

We've thought of trying to fit in another week or should I say a working holiday for me, as reasonable site near my work, so do what we done last week. Hubby had his holiday I went into work for my 2 x 12 hour shifts.

Sadly he's damaged Ham String so means its probably going to be a no go now

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Morning all woosies and none woosies, sounds like your off on a jolly soon, maybe even today, shame we can’t be with you but maybe next time, we are though off today for 4 nights at a nice relaxing site just an hours drive away, New Lodge Farm near Corby, we have been several times and we’re hoping it’s as relaxing as previously, serviced pitches which reading posts on here it seems us oldies are more and more looking for, weather forecast is rubbish but it won’t stop us enjoying a break, I’ve still to fathom why a short break of a few days can feel like a much longer break regardless of weather, have a great time everyone venturing out in the dark and damp country side.

BP

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Morning all woosies and none woosies, sounds like your off on a jolly soon, maybe even today, shame we can’t be with you but maybe next time, we are though off today for 4 nights at a nice relaxing site just an hours drive away, New Lodge Farm near Corby, we have been several times and we’re hoping it’s as relaxing as previously, serviced pitches which reading posts on here it seems us oldies are more and more looking for, weather forecast is rubbish but it won’t stop us enjoying a break, I’ve still to fathom why a short break of a few days can feel like a much longer break regardless of weather, have a great time everyone venturing out in the dark and damp country side.

BP
Your right on short breaks as when I worked we often left at Friday lunchtime and returned home Sunday evening. The instant you started out all thoughts of work issues disappeared.

I echo your wishes for the Woosies to enjoy the Fest.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well boys ,here we are at Waterrow , Rick & Tina, Steve & Carole, Alistair & Elaine, Dusty & Terri, plus a few dogs. More will arrive next few days. Rain is beyond Gagkevs expectations πŸ€ͺ.
Lovely site and owners.
My Sky box won’t work even though the signal strength and quality are 80%. Keeps telling me box is still inialising! Tried all the usual tricks, no goodπŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯.
Great to be away.
Beachball, we managed to get a pitch at Burrowhayes Porlock Friday week.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We've got a nice sharp picture on our TV with the freeview channels via the Status caravan aerial Dustydog.
Terri was telling us about your satellite woes when we saw her earlier πŸ–₯

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well boys ,here we are at Waterrow , Rick & Tina, Steve & Carole, Alistair & Elaine, Dusty & Terri, plus a few dogs. More will arrive next few days. Rain is beyond Gagkevs expectations πŸ€ͺ.
Lovely site and owners.
My Sky box won’t work even though the signal strength and quality are 80%. Keeps telling me box is still inialising! Tried all the usual tricks, no goodπŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯.
Great to be away.
Beachball, we managed to get a pitch at Burrowhayes Porlock Friday week.
Hi Dusty it looks like a nice site at Burrowhayes Porlock i hope you all have a great time at Waterrow i hope you sought out your sky box look forward to seeing you next time .
Take Care Keep Safe Everyone

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Beachball,
Storm Alex has greeted us with passion all night. Caravan and car have had a thorough washing.
Having triple checked the dish alignment with a Sproket type meter , my problem is the sky box has gone awol. Never mind we do have ordinary terrestrial from the EHU.
Burrowhayes was on our Covid cancelled Visits from May. You need to join us all one day. We had lunch at The Rock Inn today. First class πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Burrowhayes is in a fine location but totally devoid of WiFi, mobile phone signal and TV bar the very basic BBC. No sky here but that’s another story. At Β£20 per night on non serviced pitch, you do get 16 amp EHU so you can’t moan. The ground is like a massive wet soggy sponge. So bad in fact we are kindly supplied with decking boards. The place is packed to capacity. I put that down to school half term. But no kids so people are still going awayπŸ‘πŸ‘. Had another email from my local dealer begging to buy my caravan!

Reactions: Hutch and Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i hope you are enjoying your stay Dusty ....
i am at Rutland so far we having a great stay on a hardstanding service pitch great Tv reception. it fairly full here

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts