Who can guess the animal?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The link should show two videos, One normal speed, the other at 3/16ths speed. The fast animal appears to emerge from the conservatory window. which is weird. Also there is no gap below the conservatory. A fox has been seen in the area but I think this is too small. My guess is a squirrel.

(I dont know why it is asking for a log in. If the link doesn’t work, I will try dropbox).

John

Dropbox link

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Just added a dropbox link to post #1, don‘t know why the Apple shared link didn’t work. Apple tend to be a law unto themselves.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our house is adjacent to a nature reserve of ancient wooodland. The squirrels are regular visitors to our garden feeders, as well as prolific in the woods.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Our house is adjacent to a nature reserve of ancient wooodland. The squirrels are regular visitors to our garden feeders, as well as prolific in the woods.

Gray or red?

A park next door to where I worked in Stroud is overrun with gray. they are almost tame. It is often said they are destructive, but the park looks really good.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nearest Red Squirrel to us are at Brownsea Island otherwise Cumbria, Northumberland and into Scotland. There are also some areas in Wales too. Where pine martens are increasing the Red Squirrel population benefits and Grey Squirrel population decrease.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Nearest Red Squirrel to us are at Brownsea Island otherwise Cumbria, Northumberland and into Scotland. There are also some areas in Wales too. Where pine martens are increasing the Red Squirrel population benefits and Grey Squirrel population decrease.

And Formby.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Grey squirrels are a pest around our area, but our cat has been taking care of these tree rats as they are very destructive. A campsite in the next town used to pay people on the side to shoot grey squirrels on the campsite. Obviously very discreetly.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Never seen squirrels out after dark sorry but I would say it is a Rat, they are increasing every were.

Trevor
It had a bushy tail?

“Some squirrels such as grey squirrels are attracted to warmth and light. If these squirrels have warmth and light at nighttime, they will come out and explore. This is especially true if you have squirrels living within the walls of your home or inside your garage or attic.”

Time for JC to worry.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Never seen squirrels out after dark sorry but I would say it is a Rat, they are increasing every were.

Trevor

We have had rats in the past, also mice. which is why the gap under the conservatory floor is sealed except for ventilation. But at the moment there is no sign of either in the area.

I agree with OC it appears to have a bushy tail.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If you look closely, one of the frames shows the animal running with a bushy tail which it carries up over it's back.
Rats tend to scuttle rather than run fast, and their thin tails are held straight out behind them.
I'd say that the intruder is a squirrel.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
If you look closely, one of the frames shows the animal running with a bushy tail which it carries up over it's back.
Rats tend to scuttle rather than run fast, and their thin tails are held straight out behind them.
I'd say that the intruder is a squirrel.

I agree, still like to know how it came through the window. :)

I wonder if it jumped off the roof and the camera responded when it was a few inches from the patio.

John

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If yyou look at the first few seconds of the video, the image comes from the window, crossing above the table leg, so,it is not running on the ground , then it goes through the flowers. It it two moths chasing each other. Then they come back to the window again from left to right.

I now see that between 1.15 seconds and 1m 25s there is an animal running around in the top right of the garden, squirrel is my guess.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts