Who stays Dares😃

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
So here in Northumberland near Lindisfarne, this excellent site of 90 FS Pitches was near empty Thursday. Friday they flooded in. Not a spare in sight. This evening pitch where you want.
I am seeing a marked change in current touring habits. Those like me wanting a week here or there are the minority. Talking with the site owners it’s bums on pitches that pays the bills. The post Covid recovery is crucial. Sadly there will be casualties not to the liking of us Tourers. Book well in advance if you want to stay anywhere!

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Betws was really busy this weekend but despite the ‘site full’ sign there were a few spare pitches.
All the facilities were shut so the disposal points were quite busy.

Kev

Reactions: Dustydog
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I booked an extra night at Polmanter today as we can get away Wednesday instead of Thursday this week, there telephone message at the start says they are fully booked for Julyand August with a few spare pitches June and September.

Reactions: Dustydog and Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So here in Northumberland near Lindisfarne, this excellent site of 90 FS Pitches was near empty Thursday. Friday they flooded in. Not a spare in sight. This evening pitch where you want.
I am seeing a marked change in current touring habits. Those like me wanting a week here or there are the minority. Talking with the site owners it’s bums on pitches that pays the bills. The post Covid recovery is crucial. Sadly there will be casualties not to the liking of us Tourers. Book well in advance if you want to stay anywhere!
DustyDog, it is a lovely site, on route North to south Three great pubs within a mie, garden cente next door. . What not to like apart from couple Of Woosies.

Reactions: Dustydog

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I booked an extra night at Polmanter today as we can get away Wednesday instead of Thursday this week, there telephone message at the start says they are fully booked for Julyand August with a few spare pitches June and September.
We're back there in July Kevin, for a fortnight this time.
Before we arrive at Polmanter we hope to stay in the Falmouth area for a few days.
Carole's niece and nephew live there so we'll be meeting up with them.

Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have also book a few extra nights on our holiday in September and they manage to give us a Fully hardstanding Service Pitch as well :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
No the site booked for June was a C&CC site but is not now. We have two CAMH sites booked for July and basically we had to adjust the trip to fit in with what was available though. Saturday nights were the problem.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

When Teddy is in his beddy we know we are ready.

IMG_20210517_185809_1.jpg

Were off tomorrow folks, sunshine forecast for tomorrow, and then downhill all the way rain and more rain, oh well whats different?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
No the site booked for June was a C&CC site but is not now. We have two CAMH sites booked for July and basically we had to adjust the trip to fit in with what was available though. Saturday nights were the problem.
We have given up trying to book any CAMC site for a long stay as invariably the weekends are booked up well in advance. We now use commercial sites for long stays and in many cases found the standard to be on par or better than a CAMC and also at a lower price.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
We have been going on site since April, the date sites were allowed to reopen.
At our storage caravan site weekend before last was not as busy as I would have expected.
We went to the North Lakes In April for a week, that too not overly busy despite a cracking week weather wise.
Having said that I have seen far more leisure traffic on the roads then usual, all shiney clean so we can guess what lockdown spare time was spent on 😅

Weekend gone we were in Whitby Sunday for a day trip lunch, then round the corner fossil hunting, considering all the usual leisure stuff at that day were still shut it was still quite busy.

Bank Holiday is nearly here I'm staying home because if there is the slightest hint of sunshine I think pent up frustration will see folk travel in the millions, expecting major delays!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have been going on site since April, the date sites were allowed to reopen.
At our storage caravan site weekend before last was not as busy as I would have expected.
We went to the North Lakes In April for a week, that too not overly busy despite a cracking week weather wise.
Having said that I have seen far more leisure traffic on the roads then usual, all shiney clean so we can guess what lockdown spare time was spent on 😅

Weekend gone we were in Whitby Sunday for a day trip lunch, then round the corner fossil hunting, considering all the usual leisure stuff at that day were still shut it was still quite busy.

Bank Holiday is nearly here I'm staying home because if there is the slightest hint of sunshine I think pent up frustration will see folk travel in the millions, expecting major delays!
i hope you had a nice time at Whitby :)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have given up trying to book any CAMC site for a long stay as invariably the weekends are booked up well in advance. We now use commercial sites for long stays and in many cases found the standard to be on par or better than a CAMC and also at a lower price.
Well I am booking a site with CAMC in Norfolk for October 2021 it a 5C/L and it fully serviced hardstanding toilet block awning & dogs are free and it a Adult Park and the price is a lot lower then a commercial site. .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
When Teddy is in his beddy we know we are ready.

View attachment 1618

Were off tomorrow folks, sunshine forecast for tomorrow, and then downhill all the way rain and more rain, oh well whats different?
Well just to let you know, Teddy is fuming he was up at 4.00am this morning tending to the awning in these gale force winds. Teddy then decided at 5.45 to take it down, I gave him a hand!
We have been battered all day and it still gives more for tomorrow.
Teddy didn't have his traditional fry up either as we can't open any windows or roof lights as they would end up in the sea. The forecast is terrible up until Monday. So we are seeing a break in the weather for couple of hours tomorrow afternoon.
So we are packing up and heading home. Even I can't stand this relentless bad weather.
Would behave gone today but reackon it was too windy to tow.
Lovely site though, and we will return.

Reactions: JezzerB
Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Well just to let you know, Teddy is fuming he was up at 4.00am this morning tending to the awning in these gale force winds. Teddy then decided at 5.45 to take it down, I gave him a hand!
We have been battered all day and it still gives more for tomorrow.
Teddy didn't have his traditional fry up either as we can't open any windows or roof lights as they would end up in the sea. The forecast is terrible up until Monday. So we are seeing a break in the weather for couple of hours tomorrow afternoon.
So we are packing up and heading home. Even I can't stand this relentless bad weather.
Would behave gone today but reackon it was too windy to tow.
Lovely site though, and we will return.
Stay, we've been on hols and the wind gusts moved the caravan!
Still good fun having a change of scene

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well Kev, I thought they had moved Polmanter to Clover Fields near Buxton. Rain rain and rain and wind.
We head home tomorrow, carefully so I expect it will take a while longer than normal. Be safe you two 🍺🍺

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm working in Bodmin and Exeter all week (company van travelling from Bristol),and the wind today on the A30 was horrendous.
On my way back to Exeter at about 9am this morning,many caravans were gingerly plodding along heading south.
Go careful out there.
The wind isn't too bad......its the sudden gusts in exposed places☹

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts