Window cleaning

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,
Just got back from a very enjoyable week long stay at Back of beyond site in Dorset and now the caravan needs a good clean - so what are you folks using to clean the windows?

Thanks
Steve n Jeanette

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi Steve and Jeanette.
I give mine a good hose down before washing them carefully with a good quality car wash. Then I dry them with a microfibre cloth before applying a quality car polish followed by a sealer.
Other folk will have their preferred method but, this works for me. The main thing is to take great care to avoid scratching the surface.
I don't want to start another debate on the pros and cons of using a towing cover to protect the front of the caravan from dirt and fly squash but, I choose to use one.
Regards,
Steve & Sue :)

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi Steve and Jeanette.
I give mine a good hose down before washing them carefully with a good quality car wash. Then I dry them with a microfibre cloth before applying a quality car polish followed by a sealer.
Other folk will have their preferred method but, this works for me. The main thing is to take great care to avoid scratching the surface.
I don't want to start another debate on the pros and cons of using a towing cover to protect the front of the caravan from dirt and fly squash but, I choose to use one.
Regards,
Steve & Sue :)
Thanks very much. We also use a towing cover and it remains on the caravan ( named Doris by my wife 🤣🤣👍) all the time apart from for cleaning or when we are actually on site.

Steve n Jeanette

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I just wash them with a good car wash, then arise down with Bobby Dazzler, if on site then a soapy wash and a wipe down with a chamois leather.

Reactions: Steve1962
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I used to wash mine with whatever I was using for the rest of the van. Bearing. In mind that they scratch easily. So I went gentle.

But I once read that the faint ‘wheels’ that can be seen on the surface are a result of weather stress and age. After that, I did not get too concerned about them and learned to accept them. Let the windows have the stress, not me!

John

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
I was always led to believe never to leave the front cover on the van as rain will wash muck from the roof behind the cover and cause the very thing that you hope to avoid!
After all it is a transit cover.
Been wrong before though

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Thanks very much. We also use a towing cover and it remains on the caravan ( named Doris by my wife 🤣🤣👍) all the time apart from for cleaning or when we are actually on site.

Steve n Jeanette
We've got a Vinnie as in "Vinnie The Van" my Wife's choice.
Personally, I wouldn't leave the cover on while in storage for the reasons mentioned by izzy.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I was always led to believe never to leave the front cover on the van as rain will wash muck from the roof behind the cover and cause the very thing that you hope to avoid!
After all it is a transit cover.
Been wrong before though
That is correct. If left on you might as well not use the cover when towing as it will cause more damage due to trapped particles between the cover the front of the caravan.

We wash windows down as per normal and the treat with Vuplux. Vuplux alos cleans and protects the window. Brilliant stuff.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we had our caravan i use Fenwicks caravan cleaner including windows gave it a good wash and dry and put some Bobby Dazzler always had a nice shine

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts