Windows locks for bunk windows

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
We have just purchased our first caravan.....an Elddis avante 576. It has fixed rear bunks and a rear washroom.
Our son has additional needs and will be sleeping on the bottom bunk. There is the usual piston twist locks on the support struts of the windows but these can easily be turned/unlocked by the curious toddler. My fear is that he could force or break the window when it's vented or locked open with the twist locks. The manufacturer has said if we can find a suitable locking Window catch (like the type you get for upvc with the locking barrel through the middle) the they will fit it.

There must be someone out there with very small children who have this concern about them escaping from the window.....
I know these window catches exist but Elddis do not fit as standard. No sure if it was Bailey or Swift that have the locking barrel through their window catches? I just need a supplier. Can anyone help. Thank you

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Another option would be a window restrictor. There are loads on Amazon. This would mean you could open the window but not enough to escape.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts