Wine Tasting Easter meet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morning.

Can I suggest the following for the wine tasting?

Each couple brings along four bottles of their favourite wine plus their own glass - though for safety I would suggest plastic camping wine glasses.

On the evening we all bring a table and chairs to the meeting "place".

Set up an open bottle on table. I estimate that two bottles will be needed from each table initially.

Wander round and chat at all the other "tables" whilst sampling the wine.

Food can be distributed onto the tables as well.

At some point in the evening a third bottle will be collected and "masked" for a blind tasting.

We can then all have a laugh trying to identify what we have been drinking!

The couple/individual with the best score gets to pick a bottle from the remaining fourth bottle from each group, with the next highest score going second and so on.

The lowest score will get a "funny" prize yet to be detirmined.

Hopefully, the chatting around the tables with wine and food will let us all get to know each other better. If we all then have a laugh during the wine tasting AND go back to our caravans with a bottle of someone else's favourite wine for the Sunday night, we should all have an excellent evening.

I will bring along the wine tasting sheets but a pen to write with would be a good idea.

If this is acceptable to all of us, the only committment for us all is to bring along 4 bottles of our favourite wine per couple.

If this seems a lot! - please remember that there will be quite a few of us attending, anything not drunk will be taken back by its "owners" (I am not into "clearing up" at all!!) and each of us should go home with a bottle of wine we did not bring.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Something I am a little confused about is, are we combining the wine taste with the fancy dress, or is that a seperate "do"?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's great Clive. I'll be bringing a 'real' glass though.

Lol - the fancy dress is combined with the wine tasting, unless you have bought two party tents.

Lisa x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lol, keep this to yourself, they're not taking my cava back to their caravans with them.

Lisa
I wont say anything Lisa, as long as you can keep my secret, don't try my wine, it will probably taste like brandy and coke.....

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lol, keep this to yourself, they're not taking my cava back to their caravans with them.

Lisa
I won't tell. You might need your brandy, seeing us all in fancy dress will be a bit of a shock to the system I should think.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
we have decided not to do the wine tasting and fancy dress on the saturday night, as we don't think our son will want to leave the caravan or if he does come he does not handle crowded rooms or confined spaces.

we are however looking forward to joining in with the rest of the weekend.

sharon.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
we have decided not to do the wine tasting and fancy dress on the saturday night, as we don't think our son will want to leave the caravan or if he does come he does not handle crowded rooms or confined spaces.

sharon.
I am sure I can speak for all of us and say we understand, still glad you can join in everything else though!

Lolly x

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

sharon.
Hi Sharon

We understand fully. As Lolly says, glad to hear you will be joining us in the other activities.

You could always pop over individually to see us in our fancy dress and perhaps have half a glass of wine.

Take care

Lisa. p.s. Did you have a good time at Clumber?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts