Winter in Spain

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone ever stayed in in Camping Bon Sol near El Campello near Alicante and if so I would like to hear their views as I hope to go there in mid October for a lenghty stay. I am interested in finding out the facilities offered and proximity to beach, shops, restuarants etc. Dave

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
We stayed at Bon Sol this year during March,April and May.If you can get the pich right at the bottom of the site overlooking the sea. Site yourselves to the left of pitch as you look at the sea because if it rains the ground is very boggy!!!.At the week-end it becomes very lively because it is popular with Spanish families,they stay up late and are very chatty.It didnt bother us though. There is a couple that stay there most weeks and they are Joe and Claudia,English about as good as my Spanish but we got along fine any way.We paid monthly in cash and had some visitors from home for a couple of weeks,the costs seemed less each time we paid!! The electricity supply was only 3amp and so we had to switch kettle off if usng microwave.The main part of the site looks like a bedouin encampment when all the blue and white plastic covers are in use!! The local train station is very close but not noisy and buses are just a feww houndred yards away too.Handy shop round the corner with lovely fresh bread.Carrefour a short drive away and local market twice weekly.Lovely beaches but not touristy like Benidorm.I would have liked a pool on site but other than that we enjoyed ourselves.Would we go back? No, because I think it was getting a bit rundown.Look round the site before you commit yourself.

If you need any more info let me know.

Sandra(THURSDAYS CHILD)

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Looking at my log book I see we stayed at Bon Sol during the winters of 1997 and 1998. Our recollection are all pleasant regarding the site - good toilets and a fair electric supply. A rather narrow entrance - I seem to recall having to pass the entrance, then turn so as to approach from the other direction. The site was very popular with Dutch visitors. The site is situated on a low cliff, and by means of a gate at the lower end of the site, it's only a short walk down the hill to the long promenade. A short drive away in Campello there's a weekly market selling mainly fruit and vegetables. We found it always a worthwhile visit. Were it not that we prefer the C. del Sol, we wouldn't hestitate to return to Bon Sol - although as has been said previously, management may have changed.

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I have a small private site 30mins from Malaga airport, 5 Mins from town's of Alhaurin-El-Grande & Coin, 30 mins from coast of Marbella & Fueingirola, 1 Hour Ronda, hour and half Gibralter, I only have 5 Holiday van's Large pool, outside shower & toilet,Very peacful & Quiet, 5 mins from very Spanish village of Villafranco Bars Shop's & Resturant's.I will have room for another pitch, if you would like me to email you some photo's. It is set in an Orange grove.

Regards Betty Randall bettyboop_betboo@yahoo.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts