wood farm charmouth

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Haven`t stayed there, but popped in to have a look when we were at the CC site at Putts Corner (nice, brilliant ale/food pub direct walk from site, but you have to drive for anything else),

Wood Farm looked very nice, excellent toilet blocks, pool, small shop, but on a very steep hill (although pitches are terraced).

We would certainly consider it if we go back to the area, but again its a bit of a trek to beaches/attractions.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
I have stayed on this site a couple of times and it is very nice. It gets very booked up at peak periods so book early. Road noise from the A35 is a problem on some pitches which back onto it but away from this area it is fine.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
stayed there earlier this year.

Nice site , as mentioned steep but most pitches reasonably level.

Small kids play area , tennis court , indoor pool with sauna (very nice). Enclosed dog walk field and a smallish fising lake.

Shop was generally well stocked , cant say we noticed the road noise too much , but living on a main road makes us a little immune.

Cant tell you much about the area as we were only there 2 nights to put our feet up!!!.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I was at a nearby site a couple of weeks ago and popped into Wood farm to have a look,it is a large site that appears well maintained but ,my personal opinion suffers because of its steepness,yes it is terraced but this means that unless you are at the bottom you will be looking out over a sea of caravan tops.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have stayed on this site a couple of times. Not only is it on a steep slope but quite a few of the pitches are concrete for the caravan to park on and are not quite long enough for the average caravan these days so the jockey wheel goes into the grass/mud.

Some pitches are a bit tricky to park on with the grass slopes you also need to watch the speed ramps as at the bottom of the hill very long outfits tend to ground in a slight dip, however if you drive very slowly it is not a problem! Pool is lovely, good dog walk, and you need a car for shops etc. The small site shop is very limited and a little bit expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts