Worst state of dress you've seen at a campsite

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Whilst at the Air Tattoo campsite in glorious weather I spotted an older chap casually walking around chatting to folks in what could only be described as boxers, bordering on budgie smugglers and sandals, no shirt. It was an utter state. I have to confess to grabbing the odd item from my car in the dark in various states of dress (or undress) when it's dark and noone is about (that I know of). It was an awful sight to behold, yet couldn't stop myself from looking, trying to work out if he was indeed in boxers or wearing very bad 1980's style shorts. :eek:

What is the most shocking style of dress or undress you have witnessed on a campsite?!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I like wearing proper shorts sixties/seventies style and not those things that stretch down to your knees plus my flip flops! Why wear a shirt on a hot day?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
To hopefully avoid further bouts of skin cancers?
We used to gradually build up "resistance" to sun. Staring at about an hour in the sun first day, then a bit longer the next day and eventually all day. We used tos tart work at about 6am working until about 12pm and then knocking off until about 4 or 5 pm and then work until about 8pm.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I wear normal modern shorts and either a t shirt, or if it's very hot, a light cotton shirt that I can leave unbuttoned.
This is to avoid further skin cancers, I've had one which needed two attempts to remove it.
I've seen some weird and wonderful sights as I've sat in the caravan having breakfast as the morning shower parade trudged by, but as the old saying goes, "What happens on the campsite stays on the campsite" 😜😁

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Whilst at the Air Tattoo campsite in glorious weather I spotted an older chap casually walking around chatting to folks in what could only be described as boxers, bordering on budgie smugglers and sandals, no shirt. It was an utter state. I have to confess to grabbing the odd item from my car in the dark in various states of dress (or undress) when it's dark and noone is about (that I know of). It was an awful sight to behold, yet couldn't stop myself from looking, trying to work out if he was indeed in boxers or wearing very bad 1980's style shorts. :eek:

What is the most shocking style of dress or undress you have witnessed on a campsite?!
Last year was a right eye full when two glamorous ladies walked bye in bekinis ( handkerchiefs ), in front of our caravan.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I once encountered a naked rambler on the ridgeway on a hot day. Funny the way we just exchanged “good afternoon” in a very ordinary way! If I had the Rottweiler with me I’d have loved to have said “SAUSAGE” to the dog and seen the panic on the guy’s face!

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts