Would you believe it...............

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Last year on hols the first day the car brokedown, CC sent a replacement so we could carry on on hol. The last but 2days the caravan broke. CC repated it

Leaving nothint to chance two cars and van had a thorough going over. My daughter was borrowing my car only 4 years old.

I think you've guessed.

Last but 1 day it brokedown on the motorway at the Boulogne exit.

CC must love us, two years on the trot...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I went through a similar phase a few years ago with the AA. The local service men from the AA offered to club together and pay for me to join the RAC. Invariabley we would return from holidays with the car on the back of the wagon and the caravan behind it. Mind you it saved on fuel and the bridge toll coming back into Wales. The neighbours knew we were home when they saw the flashing amber beacons on the breakdown truck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes mate

I can believe it. Last year we broke down enroute home from Italy in Belguim. Auto gearbox supposedly repaired but broke down ony 10 Km after we restarted our journey. Car and 'van repatriated. With Britannia Rescue not Red Pennant. 'van had

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We also had problems two holidays running. First time when the clutch played up, and the turbo went, and we actually limped home, and the clutch went 200 yards from the Ford dealership it was booked into for repair. Also had a tyre blow-out at the same time, so lots of confused signals from the car!

This time a temperature sensor went, confusing the engine management system, and putting the car into 'limp-home' mode, with not quite enough power to tow safely! For other reasons, however, we came back home anyway! We've also had problems with the tow bar connections, and just had that replaced, so we're praying that our re-arranged departure on Friday won't be spoiled by yet another breakdown.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts