Wyton Lakes, Huntingdon

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not this year, but it's a nice site on the side of the river, around several fishing lakes, you can walk down the road to the nearby Marina, and a bus service into Huntingdon. There is a large garden center across the road, ts about a miles walk into Houghton but the walk is along the main road and you have to swop sides as the footpath is only on one side until you get off the main road. We tend to stay at the National Trust site at Houghton Mills.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Hutch, arrived here just after lunch it seems to be a very good private site which is adults only plus a Green King pub with sunday carvery five minutes walk away plus thirty pound carp in the lakes,

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Just had five nights at Wyton Lakes would I go back there again yes we would , I'm not going to start splitting hairs about this site but I did ask for a pitch near the block which they had available because they stayed empty all week but for soome reason I ended up on L24 which is a fair walk to the disposal points, just a five minute walk away the Houghton Mill pub does a cracking carvery for £9.00,

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
For anyone staying in this area of Cambridgeshire, St Ives is an unspoiled market town, with the Great Ouse running through and is well worth a visit. There are plenty of parking spaces at the old cattle market car park, and a Waitrose supermarket is also situated there. The Norris museum, by the river at the other end of the town, is well worth a visit. There are plenty of small shops and places to eat.

If you want to visit Cambridge, you can do no better than use the nearby Guided Busway, with its huge (free at the moment) car park, situated off Meadow Lane and if you get bus 'B', it will take you into Cambridge Bus Station and it's only a short walk from there to the main shopping area.
For walkers and cyclists, a path runs beside the guided busway, through fen countryside and for bird watchers, RSPB Fen Drayton Lakes, is just outside St Ives and is a request stop a single stop along the busway, but easily walked or cycled and there are picnic tables there and a covered information area if it rains.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts