Yellow marks

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
Hiya everyone. Just bought a new caravan to us and in the shower /toilet area there are yellow stains and I'm thinking that they have been made by urine. Has anyone else had this problem and how do you get the marks out. Tried a few things but don't want to damage the shower tray. Thanks.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Billy
I had this in my shower in my old Swift Corniche . Not coursed by pee, as mine went up to and around the top of the shower cubical only in the corners.

Would have been waving like crazy to get that high.

Its in the sealant and the only way is to renew it, no amount of cleaning would remove it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hiya everyone. Just bought a new caravan to us and in the shower /toilet area there are yellow stains and I'm thinking that they have been made by urine. Has anyone else had this problem and how do you get the marks out. Tried a few things but don't want to damage the shower tray. Thanks.

Previous owner must have read that peeing in the shower prevents Athletes Foot 😂

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi Billy
I had this in my shower in my old Swift Corniche . Not coursed by pee, as mine went up to and around the top of the shower cubical only in the corners.

Would have been waving like crazy to get that high.

Its in the sealant and the only way is to renew it, no amount of cleaning would remove it.
It's not on the sealant it's around the toilet base and shower tray. Thanks

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If you google 'cleaning yellow stains off plastic' you will find several suggestions - including dissolved denture cleaning tablets! The best suggestion is probably to use the Thetford Plastic cleaner that is available in caravan outlets or on ebay etc. specifically designed for caravan plastic products and therefore not containing caustics or abrasives.

Reactions: Billy wizz
Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
If you google 'cleaning yellow stains off plastic' you will find several suggestions - including dissolved denture cleaning tablets! The best suggestion is probably to use the Thetford Plastic cleaner that is available in caravan outlets or on ebay etc. specifically designed for caravan plastic products and therefore not containing caustics or abrasives.
Thanks.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
As for Beachball, if whatever you try just runs down off the stain then you could try soaking some kitchen towel and leaving that in contact with the stain. Remember a good thorough rinse off after!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The plastics used in caravans is very , shall we say, cheap and nasty.
Whatever method you use, do not use any harsh abrasives, either the product you intend using or the method of application, i.e NO scouring pads etc !!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts