Yet another problem!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
mmmm. Trying to figure out how to decide I don't like a post without taking the trouble to read it! :rolleyes:

Help please.:cool:
We've all got our troubles, some of us share them on social media and some of us don't.
It's a shame that some of the material here isn't to everyone's liking, it never will be for everyone, but this forum caters for all sorts of people and if they decide to comment about things happening in their lives, as long as no forum guidelines are being ignored that's fine, it's part of being an online community.
On a personal level, when I read about some of the misfortunes that can happen, instead of having a pop at whoever has shared their troubles I just thank goodness that it isn't happening to me and hope that things improve for those who are not so lucky.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
I don't normally share but at the mo am reeling. After taking early retirement paying the mortgage off buying a lovely caravan and motorhome with lump sum my I thought life couldn't get much better. No indication of any issues etc. My wife of 15 and absolute soulmate dropped out Last week she wants out ,off,no chance of relate nothing. Am in a blind panic of I don't know what. ! There's some depressing news. Sell it all at a huge loss and try to find somewhere to live and make a living again? Sorry Buckman. I'm normally cup half full but at the mo .... I know how you feel but wish I'd simply got an awning rail issue and someone driving my car.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I don't normally share but at the mo am reeling. After taking early retirement paying the mortgage off buying a lovely caravan and motorhome with lump sum my I thought life couldn't get much better. No indication of any issues etc. My wife of 15 and absolute soulmate dropped out Last week she wants out ,off,no chance of relate nothing. Am in a blind panic of I don't know what. ! There's some depressing news. Sell it all at a huge loss and try to find somewhere to live and make a living again? Sorry Buckman. I'm normally cup half full but at the mo .... I know how you feel but wish I'd simply got an awning rail issue and someone driving my car.
I feel for you Jezzer. Had the same thing 40 years ago. It must be much much harder at our ages. I did two things. Visited a Relate Councillor for personal advice. And had a constructive meeting with Bank Manager. Do nothing rash. Sit on your hands , think, think and think again before making any decisions, I wish you well and believe me there is another life out there

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

It is always best to share if others will listen than to keep it pent up in you. I feel for you knowing the anguish that you are experiencing. DD has offered good advice. Take one day at a time and think carefully.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hearing this overwhelming news for you, I agree and your first instinct is to sell everything. However first take a look at this and take a deep breath, take stock and then go to people who can give you advise about moving forward in a positive way, really sad news but you are now in another part of your lives which hope will be happy and prove a great beginning once the shock has passed for you, here for you if needed.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry that you've been dealt such a blow Jezzer, you must be in a state of absolute shock.
There are no easy answers, but as Dustydog mentioned, take time to think and don't do anything as an instant reaction.
Seek good financial advice and enlist the support of friends and family to help you at such an emotionally unstable time.
It will be of no consolation to you whatsoever, but I also faced a similar situation after 16 years of marriage and 3 children.
It was an extremely difficult time, but after the initial pain and hurt I rebuilt my life, slowly regained my self esteem which had taken a hammering, and I'm supremely happy and content these days.
We're not experts on human relations here on this forum, but there's a wide spectrum of life experience here if you need to draw from it.
Even if you need to unload, contact any of us via the private messaging service, sometimes it's cathartic to get it off your chest by writing it down.
Good luck, and take your time.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear of what must have been a bolt from the blue. A similar thing happened to my father who remarried very quickly after my Mum died in 1977. He retired and they went and bought. a lovely house in Lynton. But it wasn't to be and they parted quite rapidly. The divorce proceedings were painful, and Dad decided to return to Leicester. He set himself up again and met someone new and they had the best part of another very happy 30+ years together. It required some painful choices but once those choices were made things got easier. And he bought a mobile just above Lynmouth and they spent 15 years going down there for the summer from April to October. When they sold the mobile then it was Spain 3-4 times a year until he was92. You need to take it day by day and work your way through this difficult period, and as other have said Relate is worth trying if your wife will consider it too.

Reactions: JezzerB
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Jezzer, Sorry to hear of your problems and hope you can see your way through it. As one of those people who have walked through life with very little going seriously wrong, I am not one who can give advice, but hope you will come through it stronger.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Given you need it sorted otherwise you cannot fit the cover and risk road damage to the front, I would pay the dealer or AWS technician to do it.

As awning rail is gto be replaced slipped the AWS technician some beer money. Bent the awning rail for front towing cover and no cracks on paint unlike a previous dealer on a previous Buccaneer who did crack the paint trying to use make shift tools. I am now a happy bunny! :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts