You’re never too experienced to make a mistake!

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I’m SO careful with electricity use on site, in over 28 years of caravanning I have NEVER tripped the pitch supply! Until today…..

We had the Vango electric hot plate on outside cooking steaks and I used the microwave to warm up the peppercorn sauce, completely forgetting about the hot plate. Fortunately hook-up posts now have accessible MCB’s so easy to reset, but what a clown. So smug that I was always careful on electric usage but it just shows how none of us are perfect!

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I was once on a site in Notts where a whole section of the site was 'outed' and it turned out the site maintenance youth had mowed the adjacent caravan's mains lead in half - that was a bit more than flicking an MCB to correct!
And again on a C&MC where a whole area including the site was power less when a road worker some distance away hit the underground mains - not sure if there was a big bang but it took a while for all necessary personnel to attend to rectify that one!

Jun 4, 2024
Visit site
I’m SO careful with electricity use on site, in over 28 years of caravanning I have NEVER tripped the pitch supply! Until today…..

We had the Vango electric hot plate on outside cooking steaks and I used the microwave to warm up the peppercorn sauce, completely forgetting about the hot plate. Fortunately hook-up posts now have accessible MCB’s so easy to reset, but what a clown. So smug that I was always careful on electric usage but it just shows how none of us are perfect!
That's why there are MCB's don't worry about it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts