Zebrugge to Perpignan avoiding Paris

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I think this subject has been covered last year but I am unable to find the file. My husband enjoys driving the caravan through Paris - he says its a challenge but I find it nerve racking. Is there a sensible route to the west of Paris that takes you to the Millau bridge and then avoiding Lyons. Thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Eileen

The most popular route seems to be via Rouen and then south from there. An alternative is to go around the east and south of Paris using the A104/N104, its a sort of M25 around the south of Paris. I have done both routes, the one via Rouen is more relaxing.

David

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Eileen

The simplest route keeping west of Paris is the A16 via Calais to Abbeville (toll free to Boulogne), then A28 to Rouen (toll free). Then A13 to the N154 via Evreux, Dreux and Chartres, picking up the A10 south of Chartres. This leads to the A71 south of Orleans, which becomes the A75 from Clermont Ferrand, taking you over the Massif Central (and the Millau viaduct) to the south. The transit of the eastern side of Rouen is quite straightforward and well signposted. The N154 is dualled, except for the stretch south of Chartres. Most of the A75 is toll free (except for the Millau bridge).

Bonne Route!

Cheers

Paul

G

Paul's answer is what most of us follow. The bit around Rouen can be fun as you go through the industrial bit and the traffic during the day is 'interesting', however it is not really that bad, and once you are past it, it is all fine. Just watch as you enter Rouen to note the correct exit, it is just as you leave the tunnel going south and is a sharp right hand bend back and under yourself to get the right road. It is well marked and if you follow signs for'Paris', if I remember rightly, it will get you to the right motorway. Also the bit between Rouen and Dreux is a great empty motorway, but no stopping places, so if you wish a 'break' go either before, or after. There used to be a layby (it is still there) on the way into Dreux that sold excellent chips, but the last time we passed the chippie had gone. Shame. The road across the plain to Chartres and on to the motorway is single track road, but pretty straight. It will take you about 45 mintutes for that bit.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Scotch Lad,

I think the stretch of the N154 from Dreux to Chartres is now dualled. The 21km south from Chartres to Junction 12 of the A10 remains single carriageway.

Cheers

Paul

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
We do this journey each year in September. My route might not be the shortest but it is worth considering especially if you have the time and want to avoid tolls. We go Zeebrugge - Chalons en Champagne (stop at municipal) use routes national to Macon ( could use A6 from Beaune if you feel like )Stop at Macon Municipal, N79 towards Moulins, join N9 spouth to A75.

Stop in Millau. Millau to Perpignan via A75 and then either N9 or A9 Toll . Having checked this against the Rouen route it is only about 15 miles further at 807 miles

Dave

G

Thanks for the update, We have not been on it since last July, and maybe the French have received more of our EU contributions again..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts