£75 surcharge on CCC Winter Sun Rallies

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Tried to book a 14 night stay on a winter sun rally in Spain organised by CCC. (Been on rallies before and enjoyed them.) Because I had already booked my ferry with another provider, I was asked to pay a surcharge of £75 - that's over £5 per day. On top of that, the CCC daily site fee is approx £2.50 per day more than I can book it for via ACSI. So, the rally was going to cost me £7.50 extra per day or £105.00 for the 14 nights.
CCC explained that the surcharge was to cover budget deficits but if so, why should it impact more heavily on those taking a shorter trip? If I had booked a 2 month stay, I would only pay £1.25 surcharge per day (75 divided by 60). And, why should members be 'held to ransom' unless they buy a CCC crossing which may be more expensive or inconvenient?
If the Club is having difficulties making ends meet on Winter Sun Rallies then surely the answer is simply to negotiate the same rates that ACSI enjoy, or even increase the daily charge on all rallies fractionally.
As it stands, a blunt instrument in the form of a hefty surcharge, is being unfairly used against a few who, for very good reasons, may choose not to use CCC crossings.
Am I being unreasonable??
PS. I must say that the CCC handled my questions very quickly and it's clear that they listened to what I was saying.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
You have to vote with your wallet,we go on the Delft Rally most years,its dearer than if you sort it yourself but if you want the social side of a rally then you have to pay,if you dont want that then go it alone.Hope you have a great time,TBH we enjoy rallies and find them well worth the extra

May 15, 2010
Visit site
No objection to paying a bit extra as you say ,but it's the unfair application of the surcharge that gets to me. If CCC need more cash to run the rallies, then increase the daily rate across the board Don't dump the deficit on a few .

May 15, 2010
Visit site
No objection to paying a bit extra as you say ,but it's the unfair application of the surcharge that gets to me. If CCC need more cash to run the rallies, then increase the daily rate across the board Don't dump the deficit on a few .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The club take commission on the ferry to help cover the costs. The surcharge is presumably to make up for this. If you are booking
a rally using the club for the crossing is usually worthwhile as they do usually charge less for ferry fares.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......I too found that the C&CC has some inappropriate charging policies for a member owned organisation.

In my case a blanket refusal to refund the last £25 of a club site booking that had to be cut short due to an unplanned tow car breakdown!
I put it to head office that in such circumstances a member owned organisation should offer a £25 voucher to be used with a future camp site booking.
Met with a blanket refusal even when put to them that a member of 19 years would leave their membership.

The C&CC do of course have a right to run their club as they see fit........but I left anyway :)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
In my case, the ccc couldn't offer a route/time/cost to suit me. Why should I be obliged to take a crossing that doesn't suit, just to avoid a surcharge? What's more, the on-line price list page makes no mention of the surcharge - it's only when you get to the actual booking stage that the surcharge pops up.
Surely the surcharge should be obviously displayed on the pricing page??
On a more general note, if members don't question these random surcharges, then where will it end?
Surcharge if you don't buy travel insurance, surcharge if you dare to insure your van/car outside the club etc, etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts