1.6 tow cars

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
anyone tow with a 1.6 litre
reason I am asking is I had a test drive of a car the weekend peogeot 3008 crossover 1,6 diesel,(looks a bit like an SUV) I was originaly going with the idea of the 2 litre version,then he throws weights & measures at me and the 1.6 is well in my zone at a 81% match with my van,looked on what tow car and get 5 stars on nearly all categories when I outfit match,but I would be sceptical going for the smaller engine,anyone tow a 1600 and how is it especialy on hill starts ?

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been towing a Xplore 495 for some 4000 miles with the 1600 hdi and have not experienced any
problems including hill starts, one incident was the yorkshire moors between Whitby and Goathland where ther are some very steep hills. On the motorway its very relaxing especially using cruise control and the six speed gearbox at 55 you would expect about 36 mpg especially after it has been "run in " at approx 2000 mls

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I tow with a 1.6 Petrol Audi A3 sportback. Fortunately the caravan is light so although its no load lugger it does tow on the motorways ok, mostly in top gear. On the A roads and country lanes it can struggle though meaning lots of dropping a gear or two. As long as i resign myself to the fact we may be there a while, its no problem.

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
hi if you want a small towcar dont forget the hyundai i30/kia ceed. we have the hyundai eatate pulling 1250kg of bailey. really brill value f
or money. cheap to buy and service.. even pulls in 6th gear comfortably on motorways/dual carriageways. then there is the small matter of either 5 of 7 years waranty.
rgds tony b

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts