100 mph towing

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
As read in the Sunday Times: “Police in Sweden chased a caravanning enthusiast at speeds of more than 100 mph.” Apparently the 70 year old was trying to get to a caravan showroom before it closed!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's a good job that his caravan wasn't hitched up at the time, he hadn't got a valid driving licence either
smiley-surprised.gif

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I agree the twist was a big one.
However, I seem to remember back in the 70@s with caravan rallying. Also I think there was a brief excursion on topgear trying a caravan at speed.
Before anyone tries it though, I must add that it is extremely dangerous to tow at speed.

Those of you who know my exploits will undoubtedly remember my motto of "why rush, you've got the house on the back anyway". I've camped overnight to catch a 10am Isle of Wight ferry before now, rather than risk rushing in the morning to catch a ferry 180 miles from home.

Trust me, there are far more obstructions on the motorway than a car & caravan doing 56Mph. It's usually a pile up by other drivers who can't think about what they are doing while driving. Yapping on blue tooth headsets is quite often a contributary factor to a lack of concentration on the job in hand. I saw one bloke on the M42 conducting an orchestra (well by the way he waved both hands together!!!) while belting down the outside lane at way past the speed limit at 5-30pm.

So by taking your time and pulling over to let the traffic pass, will undoubtedly give you a stress free journey. Also add about 30 mins per hundred miles of your journey to your estimated travel time for the comfort factor of arriving earlier than plkanned but in one piece and stress free.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The Royale club held a rally on a field not a million miles from steveinleo's pitch. It was a huge field, about 15/20 acres, and when we asked if we could use it for a caravan rally, the farmer queried whether it would be big enough." Yes," I said," we only muster about twenty vans." " Aye" he said," but how fast do they go?"

TRENDING THREADS