12 s to 13 pin electrics again!!!!

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
My caravan has 13 pin electrics and my car 7pin 12N and 7 pin 12S connectors. I use a convertor lead. I had to replace one as it was faulty. Anyway I am now able to run the 12 volt electrics in the caravan This includes lights and fridge. The feed to the caravan is however live when the car ignition is off. Should this be. I thought the fridge would only operate when the car engine was running and charging. The pin on the 12S that is constantly live is 4. Pins 6 and 2 are live with the engine running.This seems right and the wiring to the plug from the car is right.

Should the fridge operate when the engine is switched off. If not how do I remedy it. Could I disconnect the continuous live feed from pin 4?

Would appreciate some advice please

PS thanks to all who have givem me advice previously

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Pin 4 is the constant live feed for the interior lights - so yes - that's right.

Pin 6 carries the switched fridge feed - so that agrees with your finding.

Should the fridge operate when the engine is switched off - no - and probably not when on idle - only when the engine is above idle.

If the fridge is working all the time on the car 12V - then you probably have a continuity fault in the caravan - linking pin 4 into the fridge circuit

Robert

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Rob

Thanks

have you any idea how I could check this out or do I need to go to a caravan /auto electrician.

The caravan is new so I suppose it should be covered by the warranty-this is the first time we have got the fridge to work on 12 v electrics.

Morgan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts