12v Circuit Dead

Sep 16, 2019
Visit site
Thought I'd throw this to the Brains Trust: I have a 2016 Swift Challenger with a silver Sargent switchboard. Above the door is a control panel and when the van is connected to 240v, everything lights up and works. The switch board also allows me to charge the battery.
However, when I disconnect the mains and try to turn the van on from the control panel using 12v, nothing happens... the system is completely dead.
Putting a multimeter across the battery gives 12.8v and the online fuse next week to the battery is OK.
I also have a Sargent 120w solar regulator which flashes panel output but not charging the battery.
I've checked the fuses on the switchboard and all are OK.
Has this happened to anyone elses van and if so, what was the fix? Would really appreciate responses.
Cheers
Ken

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'd throw this to the Brains Trust: I have a 2016 Swift Challenger with a silver Sargent switchboard. Above the door is a control panel and when the van is connected to 240v, everything lights up and works. The switch board also allows me to charge the battery.
However, when I disconnect the mains and try to turn the van on from the control panel using 12v, nothing happens... the system is completely dead.
Putting a multimeter across the battery gives 12.8v and the online fuse next week to the battery is OK.
I also have a Sargent 120w solar regulator which flashes panel output but not charging the battery.
I've checked the fuses on the switchboard and all are OK.
Has this happened to anyone elses van and if so, what was the fix? Would really appreciate responses.
Cheers
Ken
Hi,
Have you checked the battery connections - are they tight,Can you check if you have 12 volts at the fuse board.

Sep 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
Have you checked the battery connections - are they tight,Can you check if you have 12 volts at the fuse board.
Hi, I'm going to credit you and otherclive
I'll dive in with the multimeter and check that, Tx.
Thank you All!
Here's the weird thing, I removed my battery, put it back and re-tightened the connections, then pressed the System Reset on the switchboard.....et voila, it all fired back up!
I'd tried resetting the board before and nothing happened. Very glad it's working though because if I front up to the local Aussie Caravan repair centre, they're likely to charge like crazy..."mate, I've never seen one of these pommy vans before......gonna take a long Captn Cook to find the problem....". Many thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I don't know how to @ mention you individually.
Ken

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm going to credit you and otherclive

Thank you All!
Here's the weird thing, I removed my battery, put it back and re-tightened the connections, then pressed the System Reset on the switchboard.....et voila, it all fired back up!
I'd tried resetting the board before and nothing happened. Very glad it's working though because if I front up to the local Aussie Caravan repair centre, they're likely to charge like crazy..."mate, I've never seen one of these pommy vans before......gonna take a long Captn Cook to find the problem....". Many thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I don't know how to @ mention you individually.
Ken
TBH I think by removing the battery you "reset" something which si why it nwo works. Pleased to hear you got it sorted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts