12v Issues

Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

We've owned a 2005 Ace Jubilee Stateman for the last two years but have always used it on an EHU, so we've never really paid much attention to the 12v system, but when we've tried to use it today, we can't get it to work. I've attached a picture of the fuse board we have. With the EHU disconnected and the switch set to Van, I thought this should work, but we've no power to any of the 12v lights, and the battery condition needle goes red. The leisure battery was brand new when we bought the van, so I don't think there's an issue with the battery.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7166.JPG
    IMG_7166.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

We've owned a 2005 Ace Jubilee Stateman for the last two years but have always used it on an EHU, so we've never really paid much attention to the 12v system, but when we've tried to use it today, we can't get it to work. I've attached a picture of the fuse board we have. With the EHU disconnected and the switch set to Van, I thought this should work, but we've no power to any of the 12v lights, and the battery condition needle goes red. The leisure battery was brand new when we bought the van, so I don't think there's an issue with the battery.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Have you tried disconnecting the battery and charging it? Just because it was brand new two years ago does not meant it is okay. What is your maintenance regime for the battery when not using the caravan,

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
As above if you have the kit check the output of the battery - or try to recharge off the van - if it has been left discharged over the winter it may be useless - I presume your photos are with the mains connected and if the gauge drops straight into the red when disconnected from EHU this is the most likely cause.

Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, otherclive. So I started looking at the 12v system because I removed the water inlet yesterday after one of the retaining clips for the pump had broken off. I wired it back up and tested it before fitting it back, and all was working fine, but when I fitted it back into the van, there was nothing, and I can't get it working again. I assume that when you open the tap, this should send a current to the inlet, but there is no power when I've put a multimeter on the inlet terminals.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Might I ask how do you know there is no current reaching the pump? If its simply the fact the pump isn't working, then perhaps the pump is faulty, Check your fuses.

How is the pump controlled, is it a pressure switch or is it microswitches in every tap.

If its a pressure switch, check the manufacturers instructions to readjust it. If its switched taps, does it happen for all the switches of just one?

Basically you need to trace the power through teh system to establish where the fault might be.

Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the reply ProfJohnL

So I opened the tap and then went to the inlet and put a multimeter on the terminals as I assumed there would be a current at the inlet terminals that the pump plugs into, but there isn't. It's the type with the microswitches in each tap, and yes, neither the bathroom tap nor the kitchen tap is working.

I feel like it must be a blown fuse, but I've searched and can't find any fuses other than the one I've already replaced earlier.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the reply ProfJohnL

So I opened the tap and then went to the inlet and put a multimeter on the terminals as I assumed there would be a current at the inlet terminals that the pump plugs into, but there isn't. It's the type with the microswitches in each tap, and yes, neither the bathroom tap nor the kitchen tap is working.

I feel like it must be a blown fuse, but I've searched and can't find any fuses other than the one I've already replaced earlier.

If you have used a multimeter to check the current at the pump connection then that will likely have blown the fuse again. You should be looking for voltage at the pump connection, not current.

Edit.
I should explain a bit more.
If you have set a multimeter to read "current" and then put the probes into the pump connector on the side of the caravan, the meters current circuit presents a very low resistance , and if the pump socket was actually live at the time, the meter would effectively short circuit the pump connector and that would blow the pumps fuse and it might actually damage your meter.

You should be using the meters "DC Voltage " ranges. These present a high resistance to the pump socket and would not cause the fuse to blow or damage the meter.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts