12v System

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
I have a Sterling Europa 550 2010 12v System does not work. i' not the most confident with electrics, just wondering if there are any checks i can do myself before calling someone out?

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
shakeyblade said:
I have a Sterling Europa 550 2010 12v System does not work. i' not the most confident with electrics, just wondering if there are any checks i can do myself before calling someone out?

Read your manual, if nothing works without a mains hookup, your battery might be knackered, there may be a main switch you need to press, or maybe your main fuse needs replacing.

Beyond that, what you can do depends how confident you are using a multi-meter. If your not confident with that call someone out.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how you tested it. I would try two different 12v items and if neither work then there is a problem.
The caravan will have a battery check provision which should be a push button on the control panel. That will either show the voltage at the battery or light up red for flat, green for fine or amber for fair. I am not familiar with your models electrics so do not know for sure exactly what you have. If the battery is OK check the fuses but after that unless you are competent with the wiring I am afraid you probably need professional help.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If itโ€™s a Sargent electrical control unit it should have a small dark push switch over the 12 v fuses. Mines an EC 400 and that switch has to be pressed in for the other control panel to show any information. With that switch โ€œinโ€ you can then use the controls on the display to look at battery levels, pump on/off etc.

If itโ€™s similar to mine that switch also has to be ON when towing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts