13 pin prewired plug

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Am having new towbar fitted with 13 pin electrics and need to change the plugs on van.Can anyone recomend a good quality pre wired plug with the right size wires in.
Many thanks

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Are you going right back into the van ? or splicing into a water proof connector box just inside the van ?
smiley-undecided.gif

Either way 13pin plug n cable make your own any length
smiley-undecided.gif

Three meter with pre wired plug ( not a lot of people advertising these at the moment )
smiley-frown.gif

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sir Sproket,
I was intending to do it under van in waterproof box,I thought I saw an article in PCv magazine but must have taken it to leave at the doctors

Thanks for the links you've done it again
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
if you go onto the home page , it has an article about wiring a 13 pin socket to a caravan , at the very bottom of the article , i put now you have done the car , now do a plug on the van , it has link on there and you can buy a 13 pin double cable socket cost £7.69 , i done mine in about 20 mins , i found it very easy saves all that cable alteration , you just take your 12n-12s plugs off and replace with a 13 pin double cable plug

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Sir Roger is kindly lending me an adaptor until its a bit warmer but as others have said the cables get a bit long and untidy.The cable is quite expensive though might well go with the 2 cable link.Thanks very much for that Joeby

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
We are taking delivery of a new car next month with fitted tow bar and 13 pin socket.
The caravan has two 7 pin plugs,however as we never use the 12S plug (grey) we will be using a 13 pin to 7 pin adapter for the 12N plug ,they only cost £4/£5 from most and take only seconds to fit.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Alibaba said:
We are taking delivery of a new car next month with fitted tow bar and 13 pin socket.
The caravan has two 7 pin plugs,however as we never use the 12S plug (grey) we will be using a 13 pin to 7 pin adapter for the 12N plug ,they only cost £4/£5 from most and take only seconds to fit.
You would be better putting one of these on the van rather than the adapter plug..........
You have only one connection & its a lot better fit than the old 12n plug......
If you loose or break the adapter, while away how will you get the van home ?

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Sir Sprocket,
Really don't see an adapter being lost or broken,the adapter is a bayonet fit onto the socket (same as 13 pin plug) and has a spring cover just like the 7 pin socket so once fitted will be kept plugged in and not removed when not used.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Have bought the double plug ,there was apost showing the wiring of the plug can anyone point me to it so I can do it this week.
Thanks a lot

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The wiring for the 12N follows the current 12N configuration,
Pin 1 = LH Indicator (Yellow)
Pin2 = Rear Fog (Blue)
Pin 3 = Return(Earth)(White) for pins 1 to 8
Pin 4 = RH Indicator(Green)
Pin 5 = RH Tail Light (Brown)
Pin 6 = Brake Lights (Red)
Pin 7 = LH Tail Light (Black)
Now the change of colours for the 12S.
Pin 8 =Reverse Light(Yellow from 12S cable)
Pin 9 = Car +ve (Green from 12S cable)
Pin 10 = Fridge +ve (Red from 12S cable)
Pin 11 = Fridge return (Black from 12S cable)
Pin 12 = NOT USED.
Pin 13 = Return (Earth) for pin 9 (White from 12S cable)
Just disconnect the battery and take the two 7 pin plugs off, rewire as per the above .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts