1st post and Hi all

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi

First post and hi to everyone, we have finally taken delivery of our new Swift Conqueror 540 and are pulling with an ML270 auto, so far we have towed it to the storage place and are booked in at Hawes Brown moor for the 1st week in July so fingers crossed that we have everything.

We had a caravan years ago so not entirely a "green-horn" but still slightly nervous so will take our time, hope we haven,t forgotten anything and if we have we will but it or do without but most of all just enjoy the experience and look forward to many years of tugging.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tom, you should find the ML an excellent tow car if slightly thirsty. Mine is now 7 years old and has more towing miles than solo miles with a 1500kg. Burstner van.

If you caravanned years ago you will find many many changes - i started with a Sprite Alpine / Cortina GT in 1967 - without hookup, cassette loo, double glazing, fridge, warm air heating etc etc. I'm not sure all the changes are for the better. in those days people walked round the sites in the evening and chatted - now they are all in the vans watching TV. But the basics are still the same.

Welcome back to the fold and use this website to ask any questions you may have - you will probably be swamped with advice !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts