2000 Volvo V70 140

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Dear all
Anyone towed with a 2.4ltr Volvo V70 petrol? It's the late shape - 2001 model. Know the V70 is a very stable tug, but a bit concerned that the 2.4ltr 10v may be a little weedy.

Any thoughts, most welcome!

P.S. The Volvo I took to Croatia is now with a new owner and I'm looking for a suitably budget replacement! That was a 2ltr 10v and I coped ok with it...

Cheers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
Dear all
Anyone towed with a 2.4ltr Volvo V70 petrol? It's the late shape - 2001 model. Know the V70 is a very stable tug, but a bit concerned that the 2.4ltr 10v may be a little weedy.

Any thoughts, most welcome!

P.S. The Volvo I took to Croatia is now with a new owner and I'm looking for a suitably budget replacement! That was a 2ltr 10v and I coped ok with it...

Cheers

I had the auto version with the adaptive gear box and found it awful, up and down the box all the time, underpowered and very thirsty, now tow with a D5, chalk and cheese, far superior tug, and a lot more economical, my advice steer well clear, and find yourself the diesel variant.

Allan.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. It's a manual I've seen but the underpowered and thirsty bits are what I'm worried about...

Just out of interest, what do you tow with it?

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi, we have a 2002 V70 140 bhp petrol automatic estate and tow an Elddis Avante 1360 mptlm. On the flat no problem, up hill it runs out of puff, ie. max speed 40mph, and that is coming down a gear on the auto box. We are happy with this as it is a beautiful car.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts