2003-2012 Isuzu Rodeo tow car review

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
At last an Isuzu review, thank you!! We have the newer D-Max and it's a great load lugger, mobility scooter, wheelchair, dog crate and dogs, as well as other kit. In addition we think it's a fabulous towcar!!

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I use a 2011 Isuzu Rodeo Denver Max 2.5 TD as both my work vehicle and for towing our caravan, it does both jobs fantastically !!!!!
I disagree that this is the model to avoid, it has towed our caravan around the UK and France without any issue whatsoever and although the ride maybe a bit firmer than most vehicles I have not felt uncomfortable even after doing a long distance drive.
Mine came with stereo CD / Radio / Bluetooth fitted as standard as well as a truckman hard top for the rear load area - perfect for loads of equipment OR our two border collies !!!
Cost wise, apart from it being serviced on a regular basis, I have had to buy 2 new front tyres & a set of front brake pads on a vehicle that has just topped 76,000 miles.
I average 33mpg towing caravan and can do over 350 miles on a tank of fuel.
They may not be for everybody but as they say in a well known advert "it does exactly what it says on the tin" and more.
When the time comes to replace it I won't be looking past the Isuzu D-Max, and that's only because the Rodeo is no longer available .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have always fancied something like this but my wife would not have it. I do also wonder about the harder suspension being a problem. The handbook does warn against towing with commercial vehicles.
The engineer who services our caravan did say that Transits suspension can crack the chassis on twin axles but had not heard of a problem with shorter caravans.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Raywood, No problems so far with ours! I would say that however good the trucks are you can't expect them to behave like a car or luxury 4x4. Ours usually has a fairly good load in the back which helps stop it being tail happy solo. I would only really recommend it though if you have a use for it. We needed the load space (not always that easy to access) as well as 5 seats.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts