2006 Burgundy

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone had a 240v socket moved by Bailey or a dealership under warranty in their Pageant S5 Burgundy this year. I read ( In PC I think it was) that the socket under the sink top was in a dangerous place and that Bailey were relocating them, am I right??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Phillip we have just collected our new Bailey Burgundy series 5 model and it wasnt until we were on holiday that my son pointed out the socket above the sink to the left (I hadnt seen it)

I as an electrical engineer was disgusted with it and have contacted my dealer who hasnt got back to me yet (typical).

If the van were a house, then it is illegal to have an electrical socket or appliance within touching distance of a water source.

I wil let you know once my dealer has got back to me but dont hold your breath (I wont name and shame yet)

Sorry it isnt much help

Dave

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
Thanks DEave, we've just returned from 2 weeks holiday and as yet our dealer hasn't come with anything yet, we'll give him a week and then jack the pressure up a bit. Had advice from the CC solicitor who says that fit for purpose and sale of goods act puts the onus firmly on the dealer to rectify the problem, so we'll try that tact shortly. Please keep in touch to share any news you may have. Good luck and thanks

Phil

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Philip,

We had warranty work done recently on our Burgundy.When we asked about getting the plug moved retrospectively,we were told that Bailey are not going to do that.It has only been repositioned in newly built 'vans.

We would be interested to hear how you progress with the same problem.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
surely by moving the socket on the new models bailey have admitted to the socket being in a dangerous position therefore surley have an obligtion to move a dangeous mains socket in older models still under warranty.

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
surely by moving the socket on the new models bailey have admitted to the socket being in a dangerous position therefore surley have an obligtion to move a dangeous mains socket in older models still under warranty.
The latest situation is this: My dealership has offered us through Bailey, to add another socket in the van FOC but Bailey admit no liability for the unsafe position of the socket nor will they replace the side wall that the socket is currently sitting in FOC. In all honesty, I think we'll move on and forget the whole thing as it's not worth the hassle! I have to say though, that I was fairly impressed with my dealers response throughout, they are located in Churchdown near Gloucester as a hint. Thanks to all for the advice and interest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts