2007 compass omega 505 bunk bed

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Good afternoon. We got a Compass Omega 505 last year and are going away with 5 for the first time. I can put the bunk bed up, no problems there, but how do I arrange the cushions to fit for the double bed below with bunk up?
Owners manual says to arrange the pillows appropriately - just can't find the appropriate arrangement that works. HELP. Many thanks

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
$_86.JPG

........is this any help and welcome to the forum :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do wonder if you should have another set of cushions for the bunk bed. We have not had the model you refer to but had an Eldiss Shamal some time back and that had a set of dedicated cushions for the bunk which was also over the rear bed, these stored in a cupboard when not in use and were not for use in any other way.
I take it the caravan was second hand I and suspect the last owner simply failed to leave these in the caravan if they are missing.
We had the same arrangement for bunks on Coachman and Avondale caravans although a Trophy had the bunk cushions made up from loose cushions that split in half to form the bunk mattress.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Our previous vans that had a similar lift-up bunk the long back cushion was doubled, so opeing out onto the bunk gave a rather thin mattress. Otherwise were there originally extra cushions (likely slim again) stored until required?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our five berth Sprite has a rear dinette which makes up into a double and bunk. Like others the bunk has its own cushions/mattress which store in the wardrobe if required. But actually live in the loft. The cushions for the double are quite thin but when made up into the fore and aft single are doubled up which makes for a comfy nights sleep.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Same as above, our 6 berth came with extra cushions etc etc but live in the loft as we only use it as a 4 birth so I think whoever you have bought it off hasn't passed on the extra bits and bobs

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This thread reminded me that I really don’t need to cart around the excess weight if the bunk bed panels and structure. It’s now out and in the hall awaiting wrapping before heading loftwards. I will compensate for its weight by adding our two Lafumas so the noseweight should be unaffected and we benefit by having two comfortable loungers for the expected hot and sunny summer coming our way.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried the owners club if there is one. The makers are terrible in not giving information in owners manuals. I got info for mine via a websearch where at a Polish exhibition the reviewer was walking around the van and the camera focussed in on some colour photos stuck onto the above dinette lockers. The photos showed the various configurations of cushions to assemble the various rear bed options. The makers could make it easier for us couldn’t they?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
greenhorn1973 said:
I have the cushions for the actual bunk bed and the lower double bed. Just can't work out with the bunk up how the lower cushions go

I may be being a bit thick here, but don't they go the same way regardless of whether the bunk is up or not?
Mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
On our Eldiss which was a bit older than your Compass, the seat cushions made up the bed with them fitting as shown in the photos on earlier posts. The bunk had two plain cushions which opened out to fit across the bunk. This was the system on all caravans we have had with a bunk.
Can you post a photo of what you have got?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Bullterrierlover said:
How can I insert photos????

Look at the Photography postings.

EH52ARH said:
OC, I use post image , and Chrome, and once I have selected the photo and then "share" i click on the right hand side of the second bit down called "dierect link" which then says copied. Go back to PC post page . Go to the little square thing with the chain link. Punch in 400 then below delete the https , and paste in that bit and then insert. Check preveiw and the photo should appear.
Screenshot-2018-11-11-09-35-07.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts