2007 Sterling Eccles Jewel

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site
Hello
We have been looking for a while now at 4b fb caravans, I have a specific layout that I like which is on models such as Ace Firestar, Swift Challenger 540 and now we have seen a Sterling Eccles Jewel on a forecourt for £11995. I have been looking at others on market and them seem to be priced between £10k and £11k. Does anyone own this model and can you offer any advise pros/cons etc.
Much appreciated if you can help!
K

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kay
The caravan market is quite buoyant at the moment and discounts can be hard to come by but there's no harm in trying.
If you look inside the caravan with the salesman present try not to display much enthusiasm and force the sales guy to work for the sale.
Let him show you the good points (don't forget to stay non-committal) and then ask him (or her) what price they expect for the caravan.
Don't reach for the wallet, when the salesperson gives a price have a look for any minor blemishes, scratches or chips which can be used as a bargaining tool. Ask what sort of guarantee is on offer and don't offer to pay the 'screen price', see if the sales person will reduce the price.
Do you have a part exchange? Find out what your old caravan is worth and factor this in.
If the salesman refuses to budge on the price try for some accessories, a free first service or even an awning, you never know your luck!
Sorry that I can't offer any insight into that specific model.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
kay,

We have had a 2004 Challenger 540 and a 2009 Jewel (same 'van) and were pleased with both.
Depending on how big you or your partner are the bed may be short - I am 6ft3 and it was really too short for me - but both 'vans were excellent on the whole; well made and comfortable.
The shower / loo are a bit cramped but that is the compromise of this layout - after all you don't live in there! (we have swapped now for a Ruby - the wife likes the extra changing area that the end washroom gives, but I miss the living area space.)
The living area is excellent - especially the TV area / sideboard. Kitchen could be larger - but not on a single axle.
From about 2008 (I think) the front blinds changed to the concertina type (same as the rest) - these are much the better ones.
Hope this helps,

Neal

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Just seen this post so might be a bit late with the answers. We bought a new Sterling Eccles Jewel in August 2007 and have been delighted with it. We have travelled extensively with it both in UK and on the continent and apart from a tyre blow out on the M5 last summer have had no problems. If you decide to buy don't think you will regret it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts