2008 Abbey GTS 215 Fridge

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When arriving on Sunday we had a problem with our Fridge it would not freeze we put stuff in say lollies when we check were liquid form and the rest of stuff like milk , margarine , Yogurts , ready meals and lager all very warm and we kept getting rid of it was talking to someone he suggested the gas way but i gave it a try and press, it suppose to have a electronic ignition (But we could smell gas ) and we decided to switch off '
The caravan is now drop off with our caravan engineer he going to look at it when he can he very busy .
(Also tried to see what this fridge is i could not get down to look at it (My wife got a touch of sunstroke) all she wanted to do was lie down .and rest )
I have to let you know when he lets me know .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When arriving on Sunday we had a problem with our Fridge it would not freeze we put stuff in say lollies when we check were liquid form and the rest of stuff like milk , margarine , Yogurts , ready meals and lager all very warm and we kept getting rid of it was talking to someone he suggested the gas way but i gave it a try and press, it suppose to have a electronic ignition (But we could smell gas ) and we decided to switch off '
The caravan is now drop off with our caravan engineer he going to look at it when he can he very busy .
(Also tried to see what this fridge is i could not get down to look at it (My wife got a touch of sunstroke) all she wanted to do was lie down .and rest )
I have to let you know when he lets me know .
Sunday was quite “a warm” day as I recall. The fridge would struggle in those temperatures. When we toured in southern France I fitted an auxiliary cooling fan to help air flow past the fridge heat exchanger. It improved things even at 35 deg but the fridge wasn’t as cold as it would have been in more normal temperatures.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sunday was quite “a warm” day as I recall. The fridge would struggle in those temperatures. When we toured in southern France I fitted an auxiliary cooling fan to help air flow past the fridge heat exchanger. It improved things even at 35 deg but the fridge wasn’t as cold as it would have been in more normal temperatures.
Hi Clive thanks for the advice we will take it on board just waiting to know if it anything more

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi
Caravan fridges and ovens dont seem to like hot weather, the ovens dont stay lit unless the door is open to get the chimney hotter than oven and fridges dont either. There is a video on YouTube by Dan Trudgion about a DIY fix for fridges which you may find useful
View: https://youtu.be/c0aAfYnRhWo

Gra
The biggest issue with caravan fridges is that very seldom are they fitted correctly and sealed in so the air is forced to run past the fins to aid in natural cooling. Fitting fans is always a good idea if in warmer climates to aid in the flow of air over the fins.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That the first time we have been away and we had a scorcher of a week so just checking to see what the fridge needs with our caravan repairer

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Latest update
Supply and fit Thetford Thermitstor to Fridge removal and clean fins to the back of fridge refit of fresh thermal paste and it been tested and it working okay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts