2009 X trail Cost off towbar

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
To ensure there are no warranty issues, i have decided to have the dedicated 13 pin electrics.

I have gone fot the witter again, but with a fixed ball.

The price is £400 which includes the 13pin to 12n,12s adaptor, looking towards the future i assume a new van will have a 13pin plug.

Do you think the £400 cost is reasonable?

The same bar with standard electrics would cost £275.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi NO I dont think it is , I think you are being ripped off.

One 13 pin socket wont cost much more than 2 7pin sockets & wiring is still the same except you only need 1 13core cable.

I think the fitter is having a laugh at your expence. Try shopping around Good luck .

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Ray

You only get what you pay for WITTER are one of the best but not cheap. Do some homework find out from car dealer. Is there trailer wiring in place. A lot of manufactures like land rover have a plug /socket at the back of the car ready for tow bar electrics. Also check that the price you are paying is inclusive of the wiring needed for the feed for fridge and battery charging if not why not.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback.

The wiring on the xtrail is called somthing like a can bus system.

To what i recall a single wire is run from the ecu to various moduals located around the car, these modules decode the signal sent to it. And send signals back to the ecu if required?

After being advised by the fitting firm (i have used for my last two cars ,over the last 9 years) to have the dedicated wiring loom fitted. incase any electrical problems occur on the car, the towbar kit can not be used as a get out.

Talking to the main dealer he advised me to have it fitted, as the cost of a new ecu is

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts