2010 now or 2011 in October

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, my dilemma is this.....do we buy a 2010 caravan now with a discount of approx £1800, or wait until October (approx 16 weeks) for a 2011 model, the van we are looking at is the Lunar Clubman SE, it will have only minor changes...decals, upholstery etc.

I personally can't get my head around buying a 2010 caravan, knowing that the facelift new model will be out in a few weeks!

All comments greatly appreciated, thank you.

Andrew & Sally.

Sep 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew and Sally

We waited seven months for delivery of our Lunar Clubman SE, ordered 5 Nov delivered end of May. Our caravan came with a bigger washhand basin in the bathroom, thankfully, and the new extractor fan both 2011 features. We are delighted with the Lunar and the only 2011 feature we may miss is the remote for the alarm - but it may not prevent us setting off the alarm and getting a call from the tracker company just checking all is well. To buy or not to buy? There is a lot of this year left to enjoy a new van but it also good to have something to look forward to. The only problems with our new caravan were not Lunars fault, the fridge bulb blew after three days and motor mover transfered had some "hiccups" and our car had never been wired for pin 9/10 so the ATC would not work, all now fixed. Its a great caravan particularly the bed and the heating system.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Also dont forget tht if you wait for a 2011 van your van will be classed as a year older so its trade value will be less.

Also considering its not just the final value of the new caravan that will be affected by the VAT increase,everything that is bought in to make it will have been affected too.

On a 20k van ou are looking of a price increase of

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts