2017 Bailey Pursuit 560-5 review

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It looks a good family caravan but we felt the fittings looked cheap and the lack of a curtain divider could be a deal breaker. The version with the centre toilet would be a better bet to us as the rear one means you could disturb sleeping children but you do get a better wardrobe.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Ray, you've been lucky enough to see the van first hand. On the surface though I would say the upholstery colouring looks better than the previous one. A shame to hear fixtures and fitting quality may have been cut back on.

I do think including all the extras as standard with resulting price increase is a positive move forward and easier for people to budget with. Those less well equipped vans on the forecourts may have a number of extras added that can cause customer confusion when the van they've ordered turns up not to the spec they expect. I know it seems obvious to us but others could get confused and end up making a mistake in what they order.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Martin, We did see most of the range at the Glasgow show in February and having seen the reviews earlier were disappointed with it in real life. It still looks a decent buy at the price, but the cost cutting to get it there was plain to see.
The real problem for us though was that lack of a divider, for us getting changed in the rear is something we want and you cannot do this, and the toilet compartment is a bit tight for that as well. We did manage without a divider in the last caravan but that had a far larger toilet area which was ideal. This also means you cannot shut off the children at night which is essential in our mind.
The good thing though if you have children at night is the door is at the front, near where the parents will sleep. We did feel that a door at the rear, which is where most others put it might allow the children to get out without you knowing, so that point might be important to some buyers and swing it in favour of the Pursuit.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Ray, although we make the little ones go to bed early, when we do, I agree there is a privacy issue with no divider. I can't access our toilet so sit on the bed with a bottle. I wouldn't like that with no curtain, blind or door. Also of course when Mrs B is getting me dressed it would be an issue. It would certainly stop us buying the van as well. Amazing how the smallest of cost cutting or weight saving measures can swing the jury one way or the other. I agree with the door position but it was never an issue for us thankfully.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts