2017 Coachman Vision 630 review

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Had two Amara's with the layout.

They were both better equipped (2010 and 2013) than the Vision. Omnivent, external electric socket, bbq points and external locker access. All of this brings us back to the thread started by Dusty Dog recently on the backwards moves for equipment levels. As also seen on the latest Pegasus from Bailey compared to our older GT65.

The layout is fine for children until they are about 5' much taller and they struggle to get in and out of the bunks, move around and sit up comfortably to read. Between 2013 and 2014 we had to change to our current layout which affords the 3 children an individual bunk each with plenty of room each.

The end washroom in family vans is fantastic when children need help and supervision but from then on in with 5 or 6 people on board it becomes in our opinion a waste of valuable daytime living space and hinders morning progress. We very rarely use sites with facilities and have found with our small corner shower and toilet with the washbasin in the main bedroom we can have two using facilities at once. For example one can shower while another is doing teeth and hair. With the end washroom I was sat in the awning waiting for everyone to be ready much longer as it was all one at a time.

In conclusion my verdict would be to think carefully about the ages and sizes of children before choosing any fixed bunk model and how many are using the van if there is a single non split washroom. Think about the extra living space including kitchen size and how you are going to use the van. Fixed bunks and large washrooms are an excellent choice for families with under 10's.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I looked at the new Coachman vans, and being a Coachman and Sterling Fan thought abought the new range of Coachman as being rather poor quality. In the fight to be lighter, therefore looking for a wider range of people, they lack the stronger feel. Imagine 2 adults and 2 boystruss !! Kids 11 to maybe 13 ish, and the new models will be destroyed in a year or two. No matter how much you try to control them , even Sir Outnumbered would maybe have a problem. .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
When we visited last years show I did not think the Coachman was any worse than the rest but do accept that modern caravans are not always as strong as we would like. To my mind and from experience of our own children it is the far younger children who are the worst as they have less understanding of the damage they can do. Having recently had a very active five year old in ours I was far more apprehensive than I would have been with the older children. In practice it was the electric flush on the toilet that was potentially a problem as he found it fun to just run it and filled the tank almost to overflowing. Could have been very messy but we just got away with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts