2018 Bailey Pegasus GT70 Brindisi review

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
"Excellent storage with great access."

No front bed flaps for easy access under the beds. This is a great inconvenience to many people, may have been acceptable in the 1980's but not in 2017.

The omission of any sort of front locker means that the things you would normally store there, such as damp levelling blocks, toilet fluids and the like are not contained separately but are under the bed. No thank you.

Kit levels are still not up to GT65 standards even if they are up on the outgoing Pegasus, which was very poorly equipped.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It seems a useful improvement over the base model and provided you want the extras the additional cost should justify them.
The lack of front access to the front seat lockers would not worry us but the lack of any front locker could be a problem. It does stop people putting lots of weight at the very front though so might not be a bad thing, but not sure the flap gives access to the room I need.
The toilet looks to have as much room as our Lunar so should be OK and as long as there is a mirror in there that would be enough for us. Mirrors are heavy so losing one should do no harm.
Not sure I want my whisky next to the oven though unless I need a hot toddy!

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi - we've got the Pegasus Palermo which also doesn't have a front locker. I was worried about this at first, but we can fit a lot of 'wet' stuff (toilet liquid, aquaroll handle and hose, and other general bits and pieces) in the gas bottle locker. Other bits (Cadac, tools etc) go under the bed. It all works nicely for us :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Raywood said:
The lack of front access to the front seat lockers would not worry us but the lack of any front locker could be a problem. It does stop people putting lots of weight at the very front though so might not be a bad thing, but not sure the flap gives access to the room I need.
!

We don't have a front locker on our Valencia and don't find it a problem. Yes it stops you putting weight at the front, but it means that you shove the weight under the bed at the back.

Our van is on a seasonal pitch and we wanted to move it forward a couple of foot on the pitch. So himself wound up the rear steadies. Next thing the jockey wheel is going up in the air and the rear is slowly ( thank the good Lord) sinking downward. For once being well rounded came in handy as I sat on the A frame as a counter weight.
:blush:
I would never have towed it in the state it was loaded, but didn't consider any of this as towing didn't come into the "moving it a couple of foot" catagory.
Be warned
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mel
You have discovered my method of extracting the caravan from sodden grass pitches. My wife goes onboard and slowly moves aft until a very low noseweight occurs. Then himself moves the caravan with the mover. Never failed yet. And as the years go by she doesn’t need to go quite as far aft :)

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Martin, I store the cassette fluid and waste pipes in the gas locker and the blocks in the rear side locker. no problem and much safer than the old front gas locker

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I read Peter Baber's comments about the sliding transverse bed. I don't find it problem, obviously he has not slept in the caravan as he would find access is sufficient at night if you just push the bed frame back one notch, about 5" leaving a projecting full length mattress. This just gives room to get your knobbly knees clear of the bed frame. Synch! :)

Any sign of a safety catch on the main Heki roof light yet, shock absorbers/dampers or sensible sharks fin end bolster, well not that a reviewer would notice such practicalities?

I can never understand reviewers moaning about the lack of 'smoked' window in the wash room. I've had two Baileys over the last 5 years and they both had smoked/tinted windows all round. Yes you can see thro' them from outside but only by pressing your nose against the window or you have an inside light switched on and the blinds open! If they are still bothered just pull the fly screen down. Ah too much detail for a review.
Please Bailey don't take any notice of their factious remarks and keep the window in the 'Pegs'.

Well done Bailey for including nearly all the sensible features like ATC and the solar panel. Sadly all spoilt by the additional charge for delivery to pay for for those additions.
We do enjoy the space ambiance and quality and comfort of our Brindisi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts