2019 Pastiche 470

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has got one of the above Coachman caravans?
The unusual layout may not be be for everyone but I think it’s a good compromise and manages to squeeze a lot of Caravan into a small body shell.
Will a van like this suffer depreciation worse than most because of the non-standard layout?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would rather a standard two seat layout in the lounge such that you can separately sleep on singles or make up a double. We also like the two front singles arrangement as it can allow us to lounge and look out of the front windows. The dinette isn’t used for all that long per day and I would rather have the length allocated to the two single lounge seats. At around 6.3 m that should give good length single front seats, ample kitchen and a very usable shower toilet area. The payload would be too low for us and Coachman docseem beset by low payloads. If I wanted to travel light I’d take a tent.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I agree; the dinette robs space whilst being of limited use and not providing additional bunks. The Pastiche 460, with its traditional parallel lounge would be my choice. Mainly because the 470's double bed is too small for me to fit in!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The layout is a compact version of a standard longer layout. It looks very compact although I have not seen it in the flesh. The side dinette is useful if you want to have breakfast before making the bed or are going to be out all day and do not want to take the bed down and remake it later. The longer version worked well for us when we had it and was not a problem to trade in.
That caravan also was ordered with the L shaped lounge, as was its predecessor and nothing was lost for this change when they were sold. The dealer who took the last one said that this was better for him as it was different and stood out amongst the other clones of each other. It certainly sold again sold fairly quickly.
My feeling is the model should have an appeal and may do well but time will tell. With cars getting smaller then smaller caravans will have to become more the norm so this layout might just catch on but you simply never know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts